Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rug cleaner solutions

Posted by calirose (My Page) on
Fri, May 6, 11 at 13:43

My neighbor moved and left me several bottles of rug cleaner solutions. Can these be diluted and used for any other cleaning?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rug cleaner solutions

I haven't tried it myself, but I know Cascade Complete is recommended for dishwashers because it has a lot of enzymes, which dissolve fdood bits. So unless there's food on your tiles...

o

jannie, did you mean to reply to another post?

o

My personal experience with various rug cleaners resulted in a very stinky house and lots of cleaner build up in the carpet that attracted more dirt fast.

Best solution for carpet spot treatment is white vinegar water, blot well, dry with fan. No residue left in the carpet.

The solutions you inherited might clean your driveway.

o

For white rugs, bleach can be an effective rug cleaning solution, as well as a disinfectant. It should be diluted to about one cup of bleach to every gallon of water.

o

In another post someone recommended using various cleaning liquids on a shower door to remove soap scum. It's worth a try. Otherwise I'd use it to clean the driveway, as krissie suggested, or a patio or porch etc.

o

I am not sure as I haven't tried them I always took professional service for cleaning my rug and would suggest you to take expert help rather than relying on marketed products.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here