Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clean toilet w/o killing my marble tile?

Posted by laurahead (My Page) on
Fri, May 14, 10 at 11:45

Hi,

I just re-tiled my bathroom floors and walls with marble. Looks great, but marble is vulnerable to harsh, acidic cleaning supplies. Can anybody recommend something which will really clean my toilet and tub, but not eat my floors and walls if it drips or spreads?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clean toilet w/o killing my marble tile?

A 50/50 solution of alcohol and water may work for you.

o

If you just pay attention to what you are doing, you should be able to keep the toilet bowl cleaner inside the toilet. Or just wipe up any spills and drips immediately. When you think about the great marble statues of Italy dating back 500 years and what they have endured, you have to believe that marble can take some abuse.

o

I'd mix a little baking soda and water into a paste and use it for cleaning.

o

I use hydrogen peroxide on my light colored marble floor tile around the toilet to sanitize. Might work on the toilet too (not sure about the inside though). In case you are nervous about using it around your marble, here is the link where I verified it was okay and I do use it myself.

Here is a link that might be useful: how to clean marble

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here