Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Microfiber cloths that feel 'normal' to the touch

Posted by jobird (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 08 at 10:26

I've become accustomed to the strange feel of microfiber cloths,but still can't say I really enjoy it ;) I've purchased MF cloths from various sources,but none that I would consider normal feeling to the touch;that is,until now!

Walgreens carries a two-pack of white MF towels ($4)in their automotive section. They have a very plush pile and feel "normal" to me!! YEAH ;)

Are there other sources you've found for normal feeling MF cloths?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Microfiber cloths that feel 'normal' to the touch

If they feel "normal," as you put it, they won't work as well.

The strange feeling you get with good microfiber cloths is caused by the finely split fibers that attract and hold the dirt you're trying to remove. The finer the fibers, the better they work. And the finer the fiber, the more they grab and your skin, giving you the sensation you don't enjoy.

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.

o

Darn, you mean I can't have my cake and eat it too ;)

Perhaps that's why the packaging says they're great for polishing and dusting :)

I'm still going to try them for washing and waxing the car.

o

I have 3 different microfiber clothes, some are for mirrors, others for cleaning and others for scrubbing. The ones for the mirrors are smooth to the touch so they don't scratch the glass. However, I use the others on the mirrors and they are just fine.

o

Those microfiber polishing cloths (the "normal" to-the-touch ones)are great for dusting,etc.,but I find they are not very good for washing and waxing cars ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here