Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maytag aqualift self cleaning oven problem

Posted by msm84 (My Page) on
Wed, May 8, 13 at 10:09

Has anyone been successful using the "AquaLift" cleaning so many newer stoves come with? I have a new Maytag gas oven and I do love it, but the cleaning cycle just doesn't do much of anything! It does clean the bottom where the heated water is, but not up the walls or top of the oven cavity. With my older self-cleaning oven I would run it every 4-6 months and maybe I waited to long to run the AquaLift cycle on my new (6 months old) stove.

Now what? Do I just leave the burnt on stuff or try one of the spray cleaners even thou it tells you not to. I'm lost at this point...sigh.......

TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maytag aqualift self cleaning oven problem

I have the aqualift on my maytag induction stove, I find doing the cleaning regularly, like once week ( I use the oven a lot) is the best way to keep it clean, I give it a good wipe after and it looks good again. If it is really grimey it might take a little elbow grease to get it cleaned up.

o
RE: Maytag aqualift self cleaning oven problem

Thanks for your comments. Thats what I figured, I have waited to long to run the clean cycle! I'll have to see if some extra elbow grease will help...... I also thought about putting a large pan of water on a rack in the middle and setting the temp up high to cause steam. Might try that to loosen some of the baked on stuff. It works in my dish washer to clean pots so just maybe!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here