Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cleaning my 'river rock' tile

Posted by collage (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 12 at 8:26

I've searched the forum and don't see this question posted and hope someone can help. About 3 years ago we installed black river rock on the floor of our shower and as a border in the bathroom. I don't believe it was sealed when it was installed (isn't hindsight always 20/20??) and I now have two problems.

First, there's water build up in the area of the shower floor where the water hits and, second, now I'm seeing whitish spots on the border tile as well--almost as if a toothpaste/water combination has splashed onto the floor (it hasn't). So far I've tried Granite Gold (my favorite cleaner for our granite countertops in the kitchen) and a vinegar/water mixture--neither has helped even a little.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm hoping to find something to restore the original color/cleanliness and then seal the granite.

I did call the place we purchased the 'river rock' tile but they didn't have any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cleaning my 'river rock' tile

I found a product called "Rejuvenate" Tile & Grout Cleaner in a local hardware store. Spray it on,(no scrubbing) then wipe, it works by enzymes and is re-activated every time you damp-mop your tile. I have tile in my bathroom, not marble, just some kind of stone tile. We had bathroom remodeled in 2005. The Rejuvewnate keeps it looking good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here