Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Original formula Dawn Dishwashing Liquid

Posted by nerdyshopper (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 12 at 2:00

I have been disgusted with the grease cleaning action of the recent versions of Dawn. When I started Googling around on the subject I found a version that people say works like the original. It is mostly available from janitorial supply houses in case lots or gallon sixed jugs, but it comes in a 39 ouncew bottle. It is called Dawn original Pot and Pans, with the Pot and Pans name promintly displayed on the label. Anyone ever tried that version? I'd like to know your expreience with it. The clerk I called at Walmart seemed to think they carry it, so I may drive to my local one and give a look. I have seen the label at sites on the net so I know what it looks like. There are so many versions of Dawn and some also say for pos and pans but Not prominently.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Original formula Dawn Dishwashing Liquid

I haven't seen it. My local grocery does sell "Original" Dawn plus different "variations" , and I thinks it stinks! I now buy whatever brand name is on sale-Joy, Dawn,Palmolive, whatever.

o

I've recently tried Gain dish liquid and must say I really like it for its sudsiness, and 'staying power'. I think I got it at Dollar General or someplace similar $2.50 for 49 oz. Aldi (discount) Supermarket (if you have those in your area) also makes one that has good cleaning power that lasts.

Sue

o

I have seen the pots and pans Dawn but not in a while. I agree with you about Dawn, though I still think it's better than the other brands out there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here