Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tip for uncluttering bathroom countertops

Posted by taragirl (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 08 at 22:37

A tip to keep a clear, uncluttered bathroom countertop:
Each person who uses the bathroom for AM and PM bathtime rituals should have a small basket containing everything they need (deodorant, lotion, make-up, toothpaste, etc). Store it in the cabinet under the sink or on a shelf. When you get ready in the morning or at bedtime, pull out your basket, put each item right back in after use, and put the whole basket back out of sight when you're done. Nothing touches the countertop but the basket!
Also good to keep stuff separate in bathrooms shared by siblings or spouses.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tip for uncluttering bathroom countertops

My husband and I share a bath with our two teenage daughters. DH is good, he keeps his shaving and dental supplies on a shelf of the medicine cabinet. But the girls!!!- They leave all their stuff on the vanity, including hair straighteners,enough makeup and hair stuff to cover the face and hair of every girl from Long Island to Hawaii, out on the vanity. When I need to clean the vanity, I tape a note on the mirror warning them that everything will be thrown out on a certain day. Then I do a countdown, posting a note every day. And on the final day-I keep my promise. But your tip sounds good. I will buy them each a basket and explain its' use.

o

What a SIMPLE and GREAT idea!! Thanks!!

o

Just a variation on the old college dorm Johnny bucket. It works....but one of the joys of living at home is being able to spread out your clutter!...If you don't have to clean up THAT clutter!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here