Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
concrete on hardwood flooring-UGH!

Posted by missstaceyh (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 3, 09 at 21:09

Well the good news for me is that this is only a rental that we are staying in while building our home BUT it is driving me crazy! Apparently when this condo was being built, the guys pouring the concrete walked in on the laminate wood floors with concrete on their boots. They ended up having to pay for the damages but the owner did not replace the floors. I originally thought it was adhesive from the floor but the owner said it is concrete. You can even see boot marks in one area. He said they've tried to get it up to no avail but he doesn't know about THIS site!!! Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: concrete on hardwood flooring-UGH!

Strategically placed area rugs?

Seriously, I can't think of any product that might remove concrete that wouldn't damage the laminate. I guess I would try scraping it with a plastic scraper.

o

Too funny! I've done both. No luck but I keep finding myself scraping anyway! Thanks for posting. :)

o

OK- so now after talking to the lady next door, I'm thinking that a couple spots may be concrete but the rest are glue or adhesive they used to glue the floors down onto the concrete. Now any suggestions?

o

If you think it's adhesive, try mineral spirits. I had hardwood glued down to my slab foundation and when the installers left, there were many spots of glue left behind that they had missed. The mineral spirits takes it right up without harming the pre-finished wood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here