Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spring cleaning

Posted by nanalyn (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 17:41

Hi, I just joined. But I have been reading all along So I would like to get some answers about cleaning the top of my cupboards.you know that greasy greasy messy sticky stuff up there. It's so hard to get off Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spring cleaning

This has come up before.....after you have cleaned the top of your cupboards.....line them with waxed paper,which will not be seen because it lays flat. When the wax paper gets greasy greasy messy sticky, throw it away and put up fresh waxed paper. You can use alumbinum foil also but wax paper is less expensive.

o

You said on the top of your cabinets, not inside right? Mine would be almost impossible to clean because it has not been finished up there. It is just rough and porous wood because it can't be seen.

I don't have that kind of accumulations since I bought an electric stove. When you buy a new stove you might consider that.

o

No problem here, cabinets reach the ceiling. People whine about needing space, why leave a wasted open space above the cabinets?

o

409! I have never found anything that cuts the grease better. I use an old scrubby sponge to get the worst of it and then finish off with paper towels.

And I LOVE the idea about the waxed paper.
By the way...cooking with lower temperatures will also help to keep the 'grease from rising' :)

o

Since it is on the top and will never be seen, you could even use newspaper folded to the correct size. Very inexpensive and easy to work with.

o

Thanks for the impute I well try 490 and wax paper. Then again it may be news paper.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here