Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to avoid streaks cleaning tile floors

Posted by cele (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 07 at 17:11

HI

Ok i want to know how i can avoid streaks on my tile. I used that Quick shine stuff to make it shine after I washed 3x just to make sure and OMG- streaks streaks streaks- it looks WORST now then it did before i used that stuff! should i do another coat? augh any ideas totally appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to avoid streaks cleaning tile floors

Use a stripper and get that quick shine off....The more times you use it the heavier the coating.
If you want your floor to shine use a real wax that takes buffing.
Linda C

o

I just clean with plain hot water - no streaks.

o

Wash it over and over again with ammonia and water and maybe that quick shine stuff will go away. Very good rule of thumb, if it is sold on an informercial, don't buy it.

Course the same can be said about store stuff. I use to clean my tile with a product from the grocery store (the name escapes me right now but everyone has heard of it).

Our kitchen floor was only a year old when we moved. When the table and everything was moved out there was a yellow rectangle on the floor highlighting exactly where the sun touched the floor.

Our new place with white linoleum floors, I only wash them with water and a microfibre mop and they sparkle like brand new after almost 4 years.

o

The trick is, you don't need any fancy cleaner that promises magical results. Just get a really good tool to start out with, and you will save yourself many headaches down the road. I use a Swift Microfiber Mop. It is the fastest way to mop, and it produces great results. Just use water to get no-streak results on any kind of floor. When you are done, the pad is machine washable. This mop is a single investment, with nothing more to buy ever. It is fast and cleans better than any other kind I have used.

Here is a link that might be useful: Microfiber Mop

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here