Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning Resin Furniture

Posted by happylady1957 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 15:36

Hi All,

First post here for me! I have a large quantity of white resin outdoor furniture, the fairly heavy stuff. I have tried and tried to clean it, to no avail. Dish soap,Clorox Clean-up, Dobie pads, those newish Mr. Clean Magic Eraser thingies. I really don't want to have to get rid of it. Help, Please?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning Resin Furniture

I used spray on bathroom mildew remover. It took the stains off for several years, and finally white stuff came off on our clothes, so I threw them out. They were the cheap white chairs.

o

in the past I have used tilex mold and mildew remover on my kids play set (swings, slide) with out having to scrub, it cleaned up wonderful..looked new again. I gave it a good spray, let sit, then hosed it off. Sometimes I used the power washer, but worked fine with a garden hose too...
Ree

Here is a link that might be useful: Tilex mold & Mildew remover

o

Have you tried simple green? And if it really has that grey grungy look, straight clorox does wonders.
Linda C

o

If all else fails, you can buy the new resin spray paint and repaint them. That is what I did three years ago and the still look great.

o

There is cleaner specifically for patio furniture that cleans great and leaves the furniture looking like new. It can be found in most stores this time of year. Every spring I spray and then wipe with a pouffy mesh scrubbie, (like you use in the shower) and hose off. Simple and easy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here