Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mold in bathroom

Posted by tache (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 22, 08 at 14:25

One corner of the bathroom where the long hot showers are most apt to be taken gets black spots of mold. I scrub it down with vinegar snd then wipe it with peroxide.it is pretty much gone but there remains a visible shadow like image still there. It doesn't look repulsive but it doesn't look super clean either. Anybody else have this happen?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mold in bathroom

Try using X-14 Mildew and Mold remover. Just spray it on and walk away. Do not get it on your clothes. It is the strongest bleach I know of.

o

Thanks for responding,Sheila. I'll pick some up at the store and let you know.

o

Once you get rid of the mold you need to find out why their is so much moisture. You need a properly sized vent that vents to the outside. We put ours on timers. You want it to run at least 10 minutes after the shower is over (I'd do even longer since you have an issue).

o

You don't need fancy chemicals. Tiles and Softscrub are full of good old BLEACH! Put a spray bottle with 1 part bleach to two parts (or three) of water in the bathroom and spray the spot when necessary. It's not likely mold but mildew. Common and curable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here