Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning Windows

Posted by k9arlene (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 18, 09 at 13:01

Have any of you noticed that when you clean the outside of your windows, a white, chalky substance comes off of the painted window mullions causing the glass to become smeared with it when you try to wipe it clean? Short of repainting the mullions, how do you deal with this? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning Windows

I honestly haven't noticed that happening. What are you using to clean your windows?

o

Water and vinegar.

o

Wash the painted area's first with soap and water. Maybe you can wash the chalking off them first.

I've been washing outside windows quickly with a scotchbrite pad and anykind of soapy water.. then hose them off & dry with a miracle cloth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here