Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What can bring the shine back to my Pergo floor?

Posted by kaisermust (kaisermust@aol.com) on
Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 12:47

Our Pergo kitchen floor is now a few years old. Medium oak. Just two people in the household but one big canine and one long-haired feline. So gobs of dust-bunnies and dirt/mud tracked in from the backyard. I use Bona hardwood floor cleaner every week. Have never used anything else on it. Looks good and shiny when it's wet from the Bona put when it drys you can see that the dirt has just been swirled around the floor and the floor dries dull. Any suggestions on alternate cleaning methods and something to bring back that just new-from-the-box shine would be appreciated. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What can bring the shine back to my Pergo floor?

Why aren't you just using the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning?

Pergo isn't wood. It's a laminate product. Using a hardwood cleaner isn't necessarily the best plan.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pergo cleaning

o
RE: What can bring the shine back to my Pergo floor?

You can't put a new finish on laminate, but you can remove any products that are dulling the finish. It sounds to me like the buildup of Bona hardwood floor cleaner on the laminate is your problem. Pergo recommends cleaning with 1 cup vinegar or one-half cup of ammonia in a gallon of water.

You may have to clean it a number of times if there is a big buildup. Try cleaning one area so that you can see if this is working.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here