Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chain saw leaked on garage floor

Posted by ajsmama (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 3, 09 at 10:59

How do I clean the oil and gas mix that leaked from the chain saw all over the back corner of the (unsealed) concrete garage floor? Don't know how long it's been there, DH had it up on his car ramps behind the bikes, I saw it last night when taking the recycles out. He must have known it was leaking b/c he put paper towel (one!) under the handle, but it dripped down the ramps and all over the floor!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chain saw leaked on garage floor

People on forums who don't know the answer but say go ask somewhere else always annoy me but occasionally I do it myself and feel a bit ashamed of what I have just done.

I'm guessing, if you are in the US, there is a AutoZone, PepBoys or Kragen's nearby.

Were I to have the problem you described I would ask someone there. Not everyone who works these places is knowledgeable but some will be. Some of their websites boast of "tips".

o

That's a good and helpful answer, Albert, because those stores sell the kitty-litter type stuff that you pour on and soak up the oil and grease.

o

Kitty-litter will soak up the grease/liquid mix. It may take a week or so for it to pull up what it can.

After the litter stops absorbing the oil, use a dab of dish soap on a rag (do not mix any water with it- just straight soap on the oil spot) Rub it in good with a scrub brush, then break out the hose. If you are not able to hose out the garage use something less bubbly such as Simple Green- just use full strength and no water until you get worked into the spot good.

o

Thanks. I'll make DH do it LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here