Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
straightening up/storage question

Posted by lisalisa2009 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 22, 09 at 10:12

Wasn't sure where to post this.

But this really drives me crazy. does anyone have suggestions for organizing USB cords and charger cords around the computer area. i have cords for uploading various camera photos, ipod charger cords.

i have a hook on the wall. most of the time the cords end up on the floor. grrrr! i'd like to leave the cords out in the open so they easily accessible.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: straightening up/storage question

I agree completely, those cords are annoying and seem to reproduce under the equipment. There are a number of things on the market today that pull them together and camouflage them somewhat but they never disappear. Check with Staples or Office Depot. Home Depot and Lowes offer options for disguising all those cords.

o

I have a small table in a corner in my family room, with an electrical outlet nearby. I keep all my cellphone chargers, mouse charger, etc, on that table. At least I have everything tohether.

o

There was a time with the big old computers when the persons hired to do such things had twist ties made for the purpose of keeping cables all in neat bundles. Longer sections of cable going to the same place were wrapped in some sort of tape.

Do the office supply stores have such stuff today are is this just a leftover from back in those not-necessarily-so-good old days?

o

Along this same line - I always end up with dozens of recharger cords and can never remember which one goes with which device - and they can't always be used interchangeably. I have learned to put a label on each as soon as I get a new one or figure out what an old one is used for. I'm sure I have rechargers for things I threw away months or years ago.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here