Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oven liner

Posted by lodalady (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 8:54

it is time to replace the oven liner in my self cleaning electric oven. It was put there as a preventative measure, and I am so glad it was there. Back in the day, my grandmother put tin foil in the bottom of her oven. Do I remeber this correctly, and do you line the bottom of your oven? What do you use? What is the cheapest best liner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oven liner

I use foil but only when I put a pizza on the racks.

o

I use a one piece non-stick oven liner made of coated fiberglass and you can easily remove it and wipe spills off the surface and use it for years. Many brands can also be put in the dishwasher for cleaning, although I've never done that. The prices vary from around $7 to $20. Check kitchen stores, and kitchenware departments of most stores, or Amazon.com.

BTW, I don't think all makes and models of electric ovens recommend using aluminum foil or the sturdy foil oven trays that are available for lining ovens as a liner, so check your user manual or call the manufacturer help line for guidance.

o

I have a non-stick oven liner now, but, duh, I never thought to try cleaning it. Good idea Grainlady!

o

I no longer use liners. I had an aluminum one from the store and it started to smoke! I guess something got spilled and burned underneath.I'm careful about mopping up spills that occur. And I always use a tray or baking sheet in when I cook anything in the oven.

o

Thanks for the tip grainlady I will check that out. I don't know why I worry about pizza dripping, I can clean the over by a simple turn of the knob. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here