Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bread wrapper stuck to top of toaster oven

Posted by socks12345 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 6, 09 at 8:39

I just HAD to do it...let a bread wrapper melt on top of the toaster oven! Managed to scrape the worst off while the oven was still warm. Is there any way to remove what's left without damaging the finish of the oven?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bread wrapper stuck to top of toaster oven

i dunno....
How To Remove Melted Plastic From Toaster

-Dab nail polish remover on a cloth, then rub away the plastic
-Dab WD40 on a cloth, then rub away plastic
-Try rubbing alcohol on a cloth, then scrub away plastic
-Heat toaster again until plastic is soft, unplug toaster then firmly wipe off plastic with a damp cloth. Wash out the cloth then lightly sprinkle on some baking soda while cloth is still wet* and rub gently over remaining plastic residue to remove. *Wring out excess first you dont want dripping water.
-mother the plastic in petroleum jelly, set for a minute, then wipe off
After removing the melted plastic, wash area well with a hot soapy cloth to remove any remaining cleaner residue.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://tipnut.com/how-to-

o

Try De-Solv-it. There's a regular and a professional grade. It's a citrus solution and pretty safe, I suppose. I got mine at Ace, but you can probably get both types at HD or Lowes. I think the regular strength in available in grocery stores. Don't be too quick to scrape it off; let the solution do it's job and gently work it around with your finger. I've never used it on melted plastic, but it's worked for me a other things that nothing else came close to removing. Good luck!

o

I'd trest a small test spot with acetone nail polish remover.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here