Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning bathroom exhaust fans (Panasonic)

Posted by fotostat (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 26, 08 at 7:39

How do you clean your Panasonic exhaust fan? I don't smoke so there isn't that horribly funky sticky mess like at my old house when I used to smoke. I just have the general dust and crap that sticks to everything up inside the fan.

What do you do to clean it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning bathroom exhaust fans (Panasonic)

I use the round brush attachment of my vacuum cleaner.

o

That's what i tried, but there are so many areas that the brush doesn't get into (the actual fan squirrel cage for example) and they are just covered in crap.

o

Before I started mucking around the inside of the fan, I would contact Panasonic and see what they recommend.

Here is a link that might be useful: Panasonic

o

I use mini vac attachements which are sold to clean computers. The set comes with a short flexible hose, straight and curved wand, oval dust brush, round brush, and a mini crevice tool. Just attach this hose to your vac hose and you are all set. Just type Mini Vac Attachements and there are many sites which sell them. The set is $10 or $11 if I remember.

o

I contacted Panasonic explaining how I couldn't get the exhaust fan clean with just my vacuum and sponges and asked their advice, here is the lame response I got back:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The general recommended method is to use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust that may collect. If that is not sufficient, you can use a clothe that is dampened to further clean the unit. You could even go so far as removing the fan housing to get into the hard to reach areas."

o

Reading between the lines, they are telling you that there isn't any way for the consumer to clean the product beyond what you can access.

If you are really determined, you could disconnect it, unscrew it from its mounting, take it down and clean it with a moist cloth.

o

Never tried this, but how about trying one of those canned air things like we use on our computers and such? Maybe that would blow it clean or at least cleaner. Hmmm, wonder if mine need to be cleaned too? Not something I've ever thought to check. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here