Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suz_natural

Do I need these mops? Tell me about yours

suz_natural
14 years ago

Inventorying my laundry room storage needs, I realized that I very rarely use my two Vileda mops (Bee sponge type and the Twist one). I use the Swiffer WetJet for the kitchen tile floor and store it upstairs. Downstairs is carpet. So, why am I keeping two mops in my laundry room downstairs? How essential are these types of mops in a household? Whoa. Big questions. Good thing this forum exists to enable research-obsessive types like me get through these life issues. And what do I find here? Enough posts raving about steam cleaners and mops with washable microfiber cloths to make my re-evaluate all my floor cleaning methods!

If you're using a steam mop or a microfiber one, do you also use a regular one? If so, what do you use it for? (I use old towels for big spills.) Can my tile floor get clean with a more eco-friendly method than the WetJet? Should I be using a steam mop for my hardwood? (I just vacuum it and spot clean areas.)

What's a girl to do?! (Mops aren't the biggest storage dilemmas, I know - just install those wall rubber grip gizmos - but my laundry area is pretty tight and I'd rather use the wall space for something much prettier.)

Comments (3)