Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning Fiberglass Shower Base and Grout

Posted by harry_wild (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 16, 11 at 23:14

My cleaning project is to try to make like new a shower base that has turning beige. Is there a cleaning solution that will make it like new. Someone at Home Depot told me to get a fiberglass cleaner for boat hulls. Other say try the fiberglass cleaners for cars like Corvette which are fiberglass.

Secondly, what can one use to clean the white grout lines that have also turn beige. Would a toothbrush be the right tool?

What would you use to apply the cleaning solution?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning Fiberglass Shower Base and Grout

Try a Mr. Clean magic eraser for both the fiberglass and the grout.

There have been similar conversations recently on this forum about cleaning these two materials and lots of other suggestions, but the magic eraser is probably the best thing to try first.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here