Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black Floor, White Floor ... I Need Help

Posted by beth0301 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 22:06

I'm new to this forum but thought this might be a good place to post. I mostly hang out in decorating but this is kind of a cleaning question.

I really had my heart set on ebony stained flooring with creamy white kitchen cabinets, but I'm scared I won't have enough hours in the day to keep the black floors looking good.

It's a small enough kitchen that running a swiffer each day wouldn't be hard, but I'm just afraid 5 minutes after I do it, it'll look awful again.

Any advice?

The other alternative would be to do another paint color on the cabs and then pickle the floor nearly white.

Would that be any easier to keep looking clean though?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black Floor, White Floor ... I Need Help

I think you should do what you originally said, white cabinets and black floor. I think a few minutes daiiy with a Swiffer mop will be enough. it's your house after all.

o
RE: Black Floor, White Floor ... I Need Help

I would get the floor that I want. A black floor is no more ridiculous than a white floor and lots of people have white floors.

Have you considered getting a central vac and having a vac pan installed?

Here is a link that might be useful: Vac pan video

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here