Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sloedjinn

Spray polish build up and streaks

sloedjinn
10 years ago

I have this cherry desk that is a family piece. It is not an antique yet. It's about 60 years old. My grandparents bought it new, just after the war and it was considered to be a very nice piece of furniture when new.

I noticed recently some streaky, cloudy build up on the finish of my cherry desk. For all the years I owned it, I never used polish or other products, just dry dusted it. I inquired with my new cleaning service to find out they have been using some sort of Spic and Span spray product. This is no doubt the culprit.

How do I get the build up and streaks off and it get it to the way it used to be? I hate cleaning and dusting (hence the cleaning service), so easier is better.

As for the cleaning service, I've told them not to use this product on my furniture for now, but have no idea what to provide them with instead. Honestly, in twenty plus years of adult life I've never once bought furniture polish. I just dry dusted all the time. But then, I've mostly never had 'nice' furniture until recently. Most of the rest of the furniture is from Ikea, so it probably doesn't matter much what they use.

Comment (1)