Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pastic bubble residue?????

Posted by petalpatsy (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 4, 09 at 21:37

I just scrubbed my butt off (okay, I wish...) cleaning my shamefully dirty/greasy white kitchen ceiling fan. Vacuumed, wiped with Fantastic, scrubbed with Mr.Clean Eraser, wiped again, shined with Windex.

Now I'm just more annoyed that I can't get off the remants of my son's birthday party. I think it's actually a remnant of a Super Elastic Bubble Plastic bubble that he batted up to the moving fan...a year ago. I'm afraid to scrub anymore, plus it's just not budging.

Are there ANY suggestions? Or should I just get some shoe polish?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pastic bubble residue?????

: ) goo gone. or one of the orange-oil cleaners.

if that doesn't work, the next step is acetone - but I'm not sure what that'll do to the finish of the fan blades.

don't scrub, soak - fold a square of toilet paper in half, saturate it with goo gone, lay it over the mess (if it's on the underside, you'll have to hold it) and give it a few minutes to soften the stuff off. wipe with a paper towel, repeat as needed.

o
RE: Pastic bubble residue?????

acetone will remove the finish on the fan....I know of no finish that will withstand a soaking in acetone. I mean it will remove acrylic nails....think what it will do to your fan blades?
Cover the stain up.....you got kids? Something will happen again!
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here