Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I found Phosphate Cascade Pacs..

Posted by NoobtoLaundry (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 21:31

In the UK, Cascade (sister brand) is called "Fairy" and there pretty much exactly the same packaging as our Complete & Dawn Pacs.

There "Complete Pacs" (Yellow & Blue Swirl) is called Platinum.

Anyway.. if you loved the old phosphate powered pacs (like I did) you can find them online. Just avoid the "UK Ariel". It's Phosphate free and is far from comparable to the Mexican Version.

Now.. if I could just find Mexican Phosphate Powered, Mr Clean ;)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I found Phosphate Cascade Pacs..

But I've never seen Fairy brand here in US. Pity.

o

Yeah, I've never seen them in store here either :( However, I really, really wanna try them considering they boost a 30% phosphate formulation :)

I always got amazing results with 8%, I wonder how much more cleaner the dishes would come out with 30%..

Times like this, I wish I knew people in Germany & London that could hook me up with the good stuff..

eBay has them.. but I don't really wanna pay such a premium for them... :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fairy-All-In-One-Lemon-Dishwasher-Tablets-80-Washes-/350732112216?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51a9435158

o

You do realize why the chemicals were removed don't you? They are dangerous. They probably found it in our bodies and in our water at levels that are unsafe. I read that they are trying to decide whether to stop using the chemical in dial anti bacterial hand cleaner for the same reason.

o

Phosphates were banned for environmental reasons - they kill fish by causing algae blooms. There are no health concerns to humans related to washing dishes with phosphates, but considering it all goes down the drain and harms the environment, it's very irresponsible to try to circumvent the laws there to protect our little remaining wildlife and our clean water.

o

According to this research they are very bad for humans.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dangers

This post was edited by EmmaR on Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 2:05

o

I agree with EmmaR - eating dishwashing detergent, with or without phosphates, is not good for you.

o

Triclosan is another chemical that "whoever" is trying to decide if it should be taken off the market. It is in our bodies and in the water everywhere. I don't use dial liquid because that is the main ingredient.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here