Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to use for quick clean-ups on wood flooring?

Posted by oakleyok (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 12, 09 at 18:46

Today was a good day to see how the pets would track in wet paw marks from the snow for when we get our new wood (engineered) flooring installed. Right now we have nothing but concrete. Before, we had a deep red carpet which hid paw marks.

I have my wood floor cleaner picked out... Bona, but what can I use for a quick touch up when I have a track of paw marks?

Can wet Swiffer's be used? I don't want to drag a big mop out..maybe a tiny mop with warm water?

Any suggestions welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to use for quick clean-ups on wood flooring?

Yes, any kind of mop will work.

Or, Get something like a Sh-Mop with a microfiber bonnet. Wet the bonnet with water, wring out, place it on the mop and wipe the floor. Or a moistened regular size microfiber cloth on the end of a (dry) Swiffer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sh-mop

o

Bona is great, and Swiffer makes a wood floor cleaner (but it's expensive). Suggest you sweep daily and mop as needed, maybe once or twice a wqeek. Good luck.

o

If I have wet paw tracks, I don't use water or a wet swiffer on my nice wood floors. I put a little Bona or even those pop up furniture wipes to clean up the doggie foot prints.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here