Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bona floor cleaner

Posted by nelles (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 21, 11 at 17:44

I have engineered wood floor that I clean with Bona cleaner. You spray the Bona onto either the floor directly or onto the microfiber pad.

I'd like to try one of those new spray mops by either Libman or O'Cedar. the are like the Swiffer spray mops, only you can use whatever cleaner you want.

Do you think the Bona cleaner would work in either of these two mops?

I'm also going to post this on the flooring forum.

TIA,
Ellen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bona floor cleaner

Any reason you wouldn't use the Bona spray mop? I have it and it works great. I use it for hardwood/tile and laminate. They make a cleaner for wood and one for tile/laminate.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bona Floor Mop

o

livebetter:

I don't think the Bona spray mop is refillable. You have to buy new cartidges each time you run out. Am I mistaken?

Ellen

o

Hi Ellen, it wasn't originally refillable but it is now.

A premium spray mop combo, includes Microfiber Mop and Bona Hardwood REFILL Cartridge all in one!

Here is a link that might be useful: refillable cartridges

o

I was having a problem with the trigger on my Bona mop not opening all the way back up so I've been using the Rubbermaid version. Works great.

o

Thanks for all your help!

Ellen

o

Libman also makes a refillable mop. Seen it in womens magazines but not in any stores yet. You can also get the Swiffer cleaner bottle open. Can't post a link (I'm a computer dummy)but a Google or YouTube search will give you more info.

o

Why not just use Windex? Windex works wonderfully on hard wood floors. No build-up, no chemicals. Great shine

o

I've also used "Sinch" spray cleaner on my wood floors with success! It's something like Windex. I also Like Minwax and Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner sprays too. I did a buy a bottle of Bona spray today because it was on sale. Don't have any special mop to use it with. In fact, I don't use a mop, ever. It's hands and knees cleaning for me! Use paper towels, old t-shirts, and micro-fiber cloths.

o

Don't use Windex on your hardwood floors if they have been finished with shellac - ammonia dissolves shellac.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here