Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lomarie_gw

laminate floors oily and hazy build up

LoMarie
10 years ago

HELPPPP
We have black laminate floors in 2400 Sq ft of our house.
In the past few months they have obtained an oily, hazy, streaky build up. As soon as I clean them and walk across thwm, you see every foot print. Dust will stick to them like none other.
The only product I have put on them regularly over the 2.5 yrs we have had them is Bruce floor cleaners and Bruce sealer (only twice) and regularly use a steam mop and dry broom.
I accidentally grabbed 409 a few months ago and cleaned ONE room with it before realizing what I'd done. I then steamed them to "remove" it. (Which didn't work)
It is now on every floor in my house. . So I'm not convinced it was the 409 unless it is not able to be washed out of the mop heads of my steamer.
Recently I have tried everything from hot soapy water, vinegar and water, vinegar rubbing alcohol and water, steam mop, and now krud kutter(which seems to be helping but after 3 rounds still hasn't fixed it). I have purchased a new steam mop in fear that it could be a calcium build up in the old that has been left.. it could have been the 409..it could just be build up..
So after all that... does ANYONE have any suggestions? I have Google every way possible.. called every home improvement store.. and unfortunately all of the flooring companies are closed today.
I've been scrubbing for 2 days and my knees need to heal from bruising! Bahaha
Sorry for the book but it's driving me INSANE
HELPPPP PLEASE!

Comments (3)