Hi,
I made a shadow box craft. It has a plexiglass, not
glass front. It is a bit smudged-can I just use a cotton
ball and alcohol to wipe it off?
Thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cleaning plexiglass

I might try a microfiber cloth slightly dampened with water.

Plexiglass is a trademark for a particular type of plastic but the word has become genericized, much like Kleenex has for facial tissue. There are two clear plastics commonly available, acrylic and polycarbonate, and they MAY have different cleaning requirements. If you are so inclined you might want to determine which plastic you used and then check with the manufacturer for their specific cleaning recommendations.

o

I would be careful using anything other than just a cloth moistened with water. As stated above, there are different ones, and I'm thinking that alcohol might sort of eat into, or cause actual smearing of the plastic. Might you have a scrap of the plexiglass left over that you could test some cleaners out on, in case plain old water doesn't do it?

o

hi-
Thank you both for your input. I think I will stick with
water. Knew coming here would help :)

o

I had a big plexi greenhouse,occasionally I would dust it,the rag scratched the plexi,you have to be real careful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here