Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Getting kitchen cabinets clean??

Posted by scanmike (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 20, 11 at 14:23

I have cherry cabinets and I can see grease/oil marks on them. Most people wouldn't notice it, but in certain light it looks noticeable to me. What can I use? I have tried Murphy's oil, guardsman, etc but they never seem to get the smudgy look off them. Mostly by the handle areas.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting kitchen cabinets clean??

Mineral spirits - wipe them with a rag dampened with it, then dry and buff with a clean soft cloth.

o

I just cleaned my oak cabinets. I used a product from the dollar store called Awesome Orange. Sprayed cabinets and used a damp terry cloth to wipe. Grease and oil came right off. Fantastic product.

o

Tks for the above product recommendations. I tried Bio Green Clean that is advertised on the radio and it did a decent job on the worst looking cabinet door. Took a bit of scrubbing though so I will try your recs for the rest of the cabinets. My last cabinets (Kitchen Maid) never left marks or they cleaned easier so I never had these smudge marks. These don't have as good of a finish on them, so I think that adds to the problem.

o

I JUST finished washing all the pantry, breakfast room & kitchen cabinets & woodwork, which had a lot of smudges around the handles. I used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser which does a much better job than a cleaner & washing cloth. The key to success with these erasers is to use them wet/damp - not dry.

There are generic versions of this cleaning eraser but I haven't tried them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

o

And here's a handy site for these erasers.

Here is a link that might be useful: 20 Unusual Uses for Eraser Cleaning Blocks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here