Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This cleaning job seems to resist everything!!

Posted by raghu813 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 12 at 13:37

I am trying to get a sticky substance off of surfaces, towels, etc. It is a micro thin layer that sticks and transfers easily to everything. Feels a bit like candy stickiness. This stuff does not clean off with soaps. As I I am having my troubles with multiple chemical sensitivity I am looking for a product that is unscented if possible. I need also something that will launder out since I can't use items that have gotten the sticky chemical on them. The chemical moves from one item to the other in laundry either in the washer / dryer I don't know which.

Could any of you recommend anything that might help?

Thank you for any help.

Michael

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This cleaning job seems to resist everything!!

Try mineral spirits or lighter fluid. I cannot imagine what you have that is sticking to cloth and surfaces, but I would reconsider laundering as the stuff could then stick on the interior of your machines and then get on everything.

If you have clothing items that are valuable, try sending the itmes to the dry cleaners and see if their solvents will remove the stuff.

o

Maybe white vinegar or vodka? Where did the sticky stuff come from?

o

goo off or googone

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here