Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Spill in my new car!!!

Posted by thegirlys (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 18, 10 at 13:22

Spilt Iced tea in my new car. Ssopped up as much as I could. Any other tips to get the rest of it & so it does not start to smell, so my dh does not find out?
TIA!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Spill in my new car!!!

I assume you mean iced tea on a cloth seat?

Iced tea isn't going to stink up a car. Now that you have sopped it up, get a bucket of clean water and a cloth and wipe and rinse the area well to help get any tannin stain out of the fabric and remove any sugar residue.

o

I agree that Iced Tea is not so bad. I once had a whole tray of sausage & peppers spill onto the back seat of my car. Cloth seats (I know, pretty dumb to put it there) It was one big, greasy, stained mess!
The next morning I got out there with a bottle of Carbona Rug cleaner. It comes in a red bottle with a brush and sponge on top. You shake the bottle, squeeze out the foam onto the sponge/brush top and brush it into the stain. The seat covers were a light gray fabric. As I did that I rubbed the seat with clean towels...lots of towels. It came out like brand new, no stains and no smells. My brother saw the mess and said "you will never get that out." I love a challenge, it was not hard to do and I was done in less than an hour. Tossed the towels into the washer and done. Please try it.

o
RE: Carbona Shampoozer

I just remembered that I think the correct product name is Carbona Shampoozer. Please try it.

o

I spilled two McDonalds coffee drinks on the floor matts of my car. I took them out and hosed them down but the black stains remain. Get to it quick. See above advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here