Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lotus Sanitizing system

Posted by dashmo37 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 3, 08 at 13:15

Finding that there are so many places on this forum to post my results, I decided to just start here.
So far I have used the spray bottle with just cold water, charged on the base to clean and a microfiber cloth....

Stainless steel dishwasher. Cleaned it like new. No smudges. No streaks.

Linoleum floors. Cleaned very well. I need the Wetmop for sure. A friend is ordering one and going to let me know her results.

Textured tub surround. Nothing I have ever found to clean it as well as this. I just sprayed and walked away for 15 minutes. Wiped down with a microfiber cloth and it was clean. Even seemed to me to remove limescale. Left the faucet sparkling.

Black appliances. Left them spotless and no yucky residue. I know it is safe to put food on my counters because I have sanitized them and no need to rinse. I did it with water! Saves so many steps in cleaning.
The insides of my fridge are clean without having to remove the food.

Mirrors. I swear I am the worst at mirrors. My son, a "glass man" by trade begs me not to clean them and to wait for him. He was over and I showed him my skills. :0) He watched me fill the bottle with plain, cold water and charge it on the base. Then clean the mirror. He looked me square in the eye and said I had switched the bottles! That there was no way I did that with plain water. So I walked into the kitchen and opened my dish cabinet and sprayed my "miracle water" in on my dishes and ask him if I would do that with a cleaner? Just to prove my point.

Gunky kitchen wall by the stove. Here again I just sprayed and walked away. When I went back I was able to remove all the greasy gunk with just a little elbow grease. I have tried everything on that wall and had to work a lot harder with chemicals than just using this system.

Next test is going to be the bathroom walls. I need to paint in there and the walls need cleaned first. They are way overdue for a coat of paint. I will keep you posted.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lotus Sanitizing system

I wish I had some grasp of chemistry to understand how this stuff works.

o

What is the principle behind this Lotus thing.. What do they say it does to the water?

o

according to Tersano;
The lotus patent technology infuses cold tap water with an extra oxygen atom, creating a natural sanitizer. By passing air through 4,500 volts of electricity, the lotus system splits oxygen molecules into atoms and forces this extra atom to combine and form super-oxygen. The third oxygen atom becomes the sanitizing agent, a natural oxidant -- which kills bacteria and viruses, and neutralizes pesticides.
I say:
All I know is it smells fresh and leaves everything sparkling clean.
I read everything I could find on their site before I bought the system.
[I have received none of the errors]

o

dashmo37
wow..you sound just like a chemist! I read the entire site and think it's worth a try. I once bought the EcoQuest Laundry Pure and it sounds like the same technology , minus the UV bulb.. But the ozone & oxygen in the water is the same idea as far as sanitization ... so I understand how this works.. worth a shot!

I also like the idea of taking contaminates out of fruits and vegetables , which we are all big eaters of (especially the kids) I usually soak everything in an organic fruit & veggie wash.. and it's time consuming. I always felt less chemicals in the home all around will benefit the kids later on in life living a chem free life as much as possible ..they are already so use to organic everything it will follow them when they are adults..

I will let you know when I get mine and how I feel about it! Want to find it locally.
Thanks again!
Ree

o

dashmo37
How is it going with your Lotus.. any up-dates??
Ree

o

I wanted to be able to give a true account of the Lotus system before I reported here so I waited until now.
Sadly I sent my machine into total meltdown. I am not sure what happened. It could have been anything. The box could have been dropped at some time, any number of things could have happened. To be fair.
I called Tersano and I have got to say that they have the best customer care I have ever ran across. The clear speaking lady answering the phone ask me a few basic questions and ask me to box up my machine that THEY would send UPS to pick it up. Wow! I figured I was going to get stuck with shipping. Nope!
UPS picked it up and I have to admit I was a little lost at this point. I was not sure if they had to receive my killed machine and inspect it before they gave me a song-and-dance about it being all my fault or whatever.
Nope!
The same day UPS picked up the "killed" one they had another on it's way!
I will get it tomorrow. Less than a week later.
I do want to give the system it's best shot. I love how it leaves my home smelling "after the rain" fresh. The last time I used it was to spray my bedroom, like an air freshener. Almost a week later I can still smell the freshness. Almost like having the windows open all day.
I am asthmatic and can't do that so I love this alternative. Fresh air without all the problems it brings for me.

I will update when my replacement arrives. I will have news on how it removes pet stains. :0( I am watching my Moms dog and she loves to piddle on my carpet!
Please don't let my killing my machine be a bearing on you decision.
As I said earlier. I got it on clearance to begin with. I may have been damaged from the start. I am just glad Tersano has such great customer care. Don't you wish all companies did?

o

Update
True to their word, my machine arrived bright and early this morning. It is working great.
I have not ordered the mop yet. I was waiting to see if this machine was going to be a "problem". The mop is no good without the base unit.
I will keep you informed.
Did I mention how impressed I was with their customer service?

o

I have been using a handheld steamer to clean the bathrooms and kitchen counters, etc. and it's made these jobs so much easier for me.

I am intrigued by the Lotus Sanitizing system and am wondering how it compares to my cleaning method.

o

dashmo37
What exactly happened with your first one? Melt down? Did it just go dead? I have been thinking of getting one since you introduced it here.. but I am a little hesitant because of the problems some units have, but I do believe in the technology . I think they need to really work the kinks out, and I am sure they will, its like with anything new that comes out. The owner / inventor has written they are working on making Improvements , so I think it will be worth the wait for the "improved" unit to come out. I have to admit. .I have the itch and want to run out and just get one, but I do not want disappointment and frustration if I ended up with a bad unit.

Keep us posted how the new one is, I hope you have no problems with this one!!!
Ree

o

Reeree,
Something happened to the electrical part of the unit. In the photos you can see it has a little electronic window. I believe something inside froze up and it just snowballed from there. Like I said, it almost acted like it had been dropped and something was broken inside.
The new one is working better than the other one ever did which makes me think it was broken from the get-go and I just did not know any better. This one is faster and quieter.

I am still working on the pet-stain thing. It removed it but I am waiting to see if she goes back to the same spot.

Since this is super oxygenated water I am doing a little experiment. I am only watering my seedlings for my outdoor garden with Lotus water. It can't hurt. It is only water.
I know this machine is not the end-all-be-all to cleaning. I am sure there are things that it won't clean but I haven't ran into them yet. ;0)

o

dashmo37
Today I called the company..the girl was exceptionally nice and helpful and answered all my questions and concerns. She told me they always make improvements, and it first came out in 2006.

Sooooo I went to Linen & Things and bought one!! I figured it was no risk, they would take it back if I had problems with it.. ( I really had to try it) I figured what do I have to lose I washed some apples and strawberry s..what was amazing, the wax from the apples actually peeled off in flakes.. yuck! I cant say how it "cleans" because everything is clean already..but I did spray the bathroom down and a quick wipe.. It sparkles! I found it is great on mirrors and windows with the micro fiber cloth.. Crystal clear. I will continue playing with it..I will have to wait for some dirt to accumulate.. LOL!!!

Thanks again for introducing it.. I will let you know how it goes
Ree

o

Marie26,
The hand-held steamers have a cord and you have to wait for steam. I have one. They work very good too but make so much noise that they scare the daylights out of my dog.
The Lotus has a base unit that stays in place where ever you choose to put it. I keep mine on the kitchen counter. When you are ready to clean you just charge the spray bottle and then remove it from the base. All your carrying with you is a spray bottle and a microfiber towel. It is really no different than cleaning with an ordinary spray product other than it is "charged" first.
Reeree,
I am so glad you took the dive.
I really like the way it works on mirrors, glass and stainless. I will give it a couple of weeks and then probably order the Wetmop. I don't think they have it in stores. I have a microfiber one now but I like the idea of using the charged water more like a swifter, and not having to guess where I have sprayed.
I never tried cleaning apples but I know my fresh spinich lasted way longer than it would have without it.

o

Thank you, dashmo37, for replying. I wish I hadn't seen this post because now I want one. It's not imperative that I get one yet so I'll be watching for sales for the time being. But then, that might mean a new model is coming out.

o

Ree,
Congratulations, you took the plunge. You will have to keep us posted along with Dashmo37 on how the Lotus is working out. Do you mind telling how much you had to pay for it and what the model # is? I will have to check with our L&T to see if they carry it. Oh, and if you need a dirty house to try it out on, mine is always available. :<)
BW

o

Hi BW!
can you believe?? lol! I was going to truly wait a bit longer to see if they came out with an improved model, but when I called the company and spoke with the rep (very nice.. just like Shark CS..LOL)
She told me they are always making improvements, its been out since 2006, and if I had any problems to feel free to call. If I had a bad unit, I can send it back with no hassles. I bought it at L&T. it was 149.99. I also picked up the 4 pack booster cartridges 14.99 ..while I was there I also picked up the dryer balls 9.99.. my total was 146.00! I had a 20% off coupon that I left home. I asked the girl at the register if she had one.. She said yes when she finished ringing it up, she took out her 25% off card and scanned it! So, I got a great deal!! So look for coupons!!!! The model I have (the only one they had there) is the LUB 100. On their web page they are 169.00. The rep also told me the newer packed models come with the plastic mesh to keep fruits and vegetables down in the water, and L&Ts only has them about a month so I guess these are the "newer" ones.

So far, so good.. but I will not give up my Shaklee or my hand held steamer! I will use all three products to clean with a little variety..
What I am not crazy about is: The water only stays charged for 15 minutes. The time goes by fast so you have to keep recharging it. The other thing is, when cleaning with Lotus water, I feel when you spray, everything is really wet. When you wipe it with a micro fiber cloth or paper towels, its soaked, the steam does not do this, its a much drier way to clean. but.. two different methods of cleaning.

I do have to say, the lotus water made my granite counter tops clean and they sparkled.. couldnt believe the shine! Best they have been. I did a lot of cooking yesterday , and the kitchen cleaned up great! Also, where my two little dogs eat, they always pick their food out of the dish, on to the floor. I cook chicken for them to mix in with their dry food, so it makes the floor "greasy" where they put their food on it (pre finished wood floors) I zapped it with the lotus water, and wiped with the micro fiber cloth and it was shiny clean.. no effort.. So that amazed me. ( now I will buy the mop..)

Wow this got long! (sorry)
Ree
PS. .BW. .get the dryer balls ..the cloths dried much faster and there was no static at all!
My house was clean because I dedicated this past week to a good spring cleaning.. Getting a good head start!

o

Oh Ree,
You are just so much cleaner than me, but I am learning from this forum how to clean better than I ever have, and I have been married 38 years.LOL. I will check with my L&T and also BB&B (sometimes they carry the same products). Yes, I use their coupons a lot. As for the dryer balls, our local tv station did a test on the dryer balls and said they were definitely worth getting. So I rushed right out with my coupon (lol) and bought a set. They worked so great, I went out and bought another set. Four balls work great in my dryer. I am leaving today to go see my little grandchildren (they live in ARK. I live in OK) about a 3 1/2 hour drive. I will stay 5 days, it is spring break there and my daughter is a special ed teacher, so she is off for the week. We plan on having a great time. I will be reading the forum on her computer while I am there, but if I don't get back to you, then I will catch up next week. Have a great Easter.
BW

o

Reeree, Did you find a place to buy the Wetmop locally?
I am glad you decided to try the system. I agree with nothing ventured, nothing gained!
My L&T is clear across town but I will have to make the trip to get the boosters. Too bad they don't carry the mop there.
I am also watching this tread closely to see how others like the Lotus.

o

BW
Have a wonderful time and a great Easter to you and your family! Enjoy your grandchildren! My kids start their spring break this thursday, thats why I have started cleaning early, they go back the tuesday after Easter..so we will be keeping busy with them! I like the dryer balls also.. I only bought the package of two...washing with natural detergent , the clothes take longer to dry, so I figured it would help and also reduce the static.. maybe I will get two more?? Does it really work much better than the two?
Have a safe trip..try to get on line when your away! If not, I will look for you when you get back!
Ree

dashmo
no- L&T does not carry the mop, that I will order from the company ... I do not think it is in the stores yet.. let me know if you see it some where..I'll do the same.
I really think it works very well. Today I cleaned my up stairs bathroom (again) I sprayed the lotus water in the tub, and sprayed all the tiles, they are white sub-way tiles..they were squeaky clean and the shine was incredible! I have a Wolf gas stove. The "pan" around the burners is not removable and I always had to really scrub it to get grease off..not an easy task..anyway, yesterday I sprayed it and actually forgot about it, this morning when I was making breakfast I noticed it was nearly all gone..I was shocked! I re-sprayed it again.. it's been sitting for a while..have to go check. (almost for got again..lol
Let me know how your cleaning tasks are going and what you have cleaned and was really happy with the results.. Thanks!
Ree

o

It's $20.00 more here in Canada at Linens & Things than in the States. They had it in their flyer this weekend at $169.00 which is a bit steep for me right now. The company is located in Ontario so I wonder why it is more to purchase it here than in the U.S.

o

marie26
On their web site it is listed @ 169.99 too! I thought it was strange because they are selling it cheaper in stores (in the states) How about Target? Do you have one there?
Or, call the company and ask if they can honor the same price they sell it for in the states.. wouldn't hurt to ask..
hope you can find a better deal!
Ree

o

I tried the Lotus on some spots I had on a blouse before washing. I know for a fact that they were vegetable oil. I am a messy cook! I paid very close attention to where they were on the blouse so I could re-launder them if need be. The spots were still there after washing. So my vote for a pretreater is no. I have a Neptune and it does a dynamite job on cleaning especially if you pretreat.
The Lotus did however clean the seals and washer very well when I sprayed it down.
I also sprayed some Lotus water in my shoes and left them overnight to air and there was no longer that "stale" smell.

o

dashmo-
why don't you but your blouse in the bowl and run it through a cycle? You never know!(smile)
Ree
ps..I am ordering the mop today..tried to call yesterday, but I called too late, they close at 4:30 eastern time...

o

Reeree,
Believe it or not, I thought ab out trying that. I do weird stuff like that all the time. Hee-hee.
The blouse was new and red and I did not want it to bleach out the color. It didn't. But then again, the stain did not come out either. I will try it again with a cotton blouse but this weird acrylic material was a no-go. I also did not rub the water in. I did not want to snag the blouse.

I heard from the gal that ordered the Wetmop. She liked it but said it was a little noisy. Hmm, I am trying to figure out how that could be.

Oh, I caved in and ordered some Charlie's Soap! I love trying new things. ( I need to get a life)

o

dashmo37
I wrote to you on the other post about Charlies..good for you!!!

I ordered the wet mop today..they said 5 to 7 business days..I am hoping it comes faster...
Noisy?? I also wonder how can that be...??? hmmm..got me! I will let you know. Can't wait to try it.. I am like you..I try everything that sounds interesting, as long as it's natural and makes my life easier in the cleaning dept. I am really enjoying the lotus water! I can't believe how shiny everything is.. do you find that also?
Hope I have not cracked! LOL!!!
Ree

o

If I got this right, all you are doing is making a form of hydrogen peroxide.

I took a look at that Lotus mop. All it is, is a WetJet with the special bottle that sits on the Lotus system. To save money, why not use the system's spray bottle and spray the floor. With a microfiber cloth, attached to the end of a swiffer mophead, spray the floor, then wipe. You will save alot of money, plus batteries.

I sometimes do something similar. I have a spray bottle of floor cleaner that I use with a mop. I just spray the floor, mop,then rinse the mop. No bucket required.

o

geguymw,
That is exactly what I am doing now. At least until Reeree chimes in and tells us all about the Wetmop!

o

sounds like a good idea, but isnt it a little difficult to keep the micro fiber cloth on the bottom of the swifter mop head? I would imagine it bunching up, half coming off etc.? getting the lotus mop is more about convenience .. I have all wood and ceramic floors in my house which I clean a lot, especially the high traffic area's. I like easy (smile) I am still waiting for the wetmop to come, it will be next week some time, I will let you know if I like it and if it's worth it. I never used the wetjet before.. these mops need batteries ? Never knew that.. that part I may not be crazy about considering how much I clean my floors...
Ree

o

I have a microfiber mop that has special made pads for it. I just use the spray bottle full of charged water and that ...for now. LOL
Got my Charlie's soap in the post today but I have already done my laundry for the day! :0(

o

dashmo
I am glad you got your Charlies today!! I am still waiting for mine, I was hoping it would be here by now..I ordered the five gallon bucket..that should last a while.

What ever you do, don't switch back and forth.. only use the Charlies.. it will take a few washes to get full results. I am sure you will like it..lots of people on here love it.. I have my mom and most of my friends using it also, they are really happy too!!!

I will let you know when the wet mop gets here..if I had a micro fiber mop, I probably wouldn't have ordered..what is this mop called? where did you find it? If the wet mop needs batteries, I will not be happy.
TTYL
Ree

o

Reeree,
It is just like a microfiber floor duster but made for mopping. I have seen them in Target, L&T, BB&B. Basically all over the place. I have had mine for almost 10 years. I have 3 pads for it. I first bought it to dry my floors after wet mopping it. It works well for that too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Microfiber mops

o

Yes, this Lotus mop uses 4 AA batteries. The WetJet mop also uses batteries for power to squirt the solution onto the floor.

I have not found it too difficult to use a Microfiber cloth, on a flat mophead. I have used it for occasional quick cleaning.

What you would want to do is use one similar to the O-Ceder in the link. I have used these with great results. I have also used one from Quickie, that I liked better. It had a more narrow head, but still used the elastic cloth. The Lotus floor mop will also have the elastic cloth covers.

Here is a link that might be useful: O-Cedar

o

dash & geguy
Thanks for the links... come to think of it, I have seen the Method mop in Target... I am not sure if I am crazy about the batteries. They never seem to last very long, wish I knew that before I bought one.. you are right, you will get the same results with spraying the Lotus water and a micro fiber mop. I'll see what happens when I get it. I have been steam cleaning for years with a steam mop.
Shark changed the mop, and I do not think it's for the better. I loved the old one that they first made. mine went ka-put, so I bought the "new & improved one" and I am not crazy about it at all. When I heard of the Lotus mop, I wanted it to replace the steam mop for easy, quick cleaning.. I'll see!
Thanks again!
Ree

o

update..HATE the lotus mop! it came today.. first, it is very hard to push on my floors, it swivels left to right as your pushing, so no control to keep it straight. It does make a lot of noise when the water comes out..but that's the least of it. Speaking of the water coming out..it was going on and off.. worked/didn't work.. weird! DO not buy one... I am sending this back tomorrow!
Ree

o
RE: Lotus Sanitizing system/wetmop

Bummer Reeree,
So much for that idea! I guess I will stick to my microfiber & spray bottle method. When I need a deep clean I am taking the veggie bowl and running it with water only then dumping into my mop bucket. No chemicals added. It is working fine with my chamois mop. I dry with the microfiber mop. I have to dry or I will have little doggie prints! lol
Speaking of dogs, this is the main reason I was hoping the Lotus mop worked. I have hairless dogs and the smallest one has awful allergies [mainly grasses]. I would hate to think I was adding to his misery by using chemicals on the floor that he would lick off his feet/body. I won't shoot off on the allergy part but he does not seem to be near as bad with the method I am using now.

o

dash-
awh..your dogs sound adorable! your a good mama (smile)
I did buy a microfiber mop yesterday while I was at target.. I tried it this morning, it worked, but not too absorbent ..took a while to get the floor dry..I bought a cheapie..not Method brand. I have been spending too much money lately..lol!

I called Lotus this morning..I talked with a girl named Amy..she wasn't the nicest, I was surprised. I have to bring the mop to the PO my self and pay for shipping back..once they get it, she will give me the credit. I was telling her what I didn't like about it and she seemed to take it personally.. she probably didn't, but that was the attitude. She asked me where I bought it, I told her right from the company..so I would imagine they are selling it else where..too bad I didn't see it in the stores, I lost shipping money both ways.. :(

I am off to Ace Hardware to by the Bona Hardwood floor cleaner & restorer .. I have heard about it long ago, and just saw it again on here.. I wanted to try it to give the wood a lift... they make a "green" line "Environmental Choice Systems" So I will give it a try..don't ya just love spring cleaning time..lol!
TTYL
Ree

o

up-date I LOVE Bona!! I bought their microfiber mop, hardwood cleaner and hard surface cleaner for tile floors etc.. I just played with it in my kitchen..wow! my wood floors look great! No odor..not sticky..I really like it!

I am going to do the restorer next week when the kids are back at school..needs an hour to dry..I also have to move the furniture out..this will be a chore, but I hope one that is well worth it...

Ree

o

That is shocking that you got bad customer service! Maybe she was having an "off" day. I searched all over for the Wetmop in stores too. They must have them in some secret store we have yet to discover! Lol
No hardwood here anymore. I have "real" hardwood under the carpet in my livingroom and arm wrestled it for 25 years. I used paste wax and a buffer on them at least once a week. I sure don't miss that! I had arms like Popeye!

o

yes, I guess she was having a bad day..don't we all?

We have hardwood in nearly every room , except the bathrooms, they are tiled. My kids are allergy sufferers, and my son has mild asthma also , so carpets won't work here..we have one room that is carpet, the family room.

this was the main reason I stopped using chemicals.. once I got into it, I loved it and there was no turning back..I really feel everything is so much cleaner. By the way, how is it going w/ Charlies?
Ree

o
RE: Lotus Sanitizing system/Charlie's soap

I have got to say that every day that goes by I find another handy way to use the Lotus!
I have my garden seeds started in the house. So me, being who I am, curious by nature, started them with Lotus water. I only water them with charged lotus water. You should see these babies grow! No mold either. Mold almost always kills my plant starts.

I just love the fact that you can charge the water and clean what ever without worrying about the spray getting into food or the dog water/food. I use it as a linen refresher for my throws. I spray it in the grand kids toy area. I use it to clean the bathroom fixtures. If I forget to wipe there is no or very little water spots.

I have also noticed that once things have been cleaned with the Lotus they stay clean longer. They do not attract dust. I wish I could attach the lotus to my garden hose and use it to wash the car!
I am in house cleaning heaven.

I have tried the Charlie's soap. I am in closet clean out mode. So far I have noticed that there really is no need for fabric softener. That stuff is so expensive! You use so little of the CS that you feel like your "cheating". I washed my bedding in it yesterday and it came very clean. I haven't had a real challenge for the CS until today. My husband did auto engine work last night so I will put the CS to the test today.

So far I like the fact that it is taking up so little space and works just like everyone said it would. I am thinking about getting a pretty little canister to put it in.

I am so glad we can all honestly share our ideas here. In this day and time there are so many ways to waste your money. I love the fact that you can clean "green" and yet do a better job that with all the chemicals.
Now for my next problem...
What to do with the cabinet I have full of "empty promises"[chemical cleaners]?. I want the space back.

o

Dashmo
I am so happy you love the Lotus! I really love it too! Every thing really cleans up nicely! (easy too)

I just finished my wood floors in the dining room & entry way with the Bona refresher..all I can say is..wow! it looks like they have been polly'd.. I am very happy with the results!

I took all my cleaners back when and threw everything out! The only thing I have under my sink is a bottle of Shaklee, and the three spray bottles from them I bought. One can of bon ami and one spray bottle of Charlies all purpose cleaner. Nice and empty! Either put them away in a box, or if you will never use any of it again, get rid of them..you will be happy you did!

ok..back to work! (in here)
Ree

o

I sent the mop back today..fed x.. $14.37 believe????
I called CS..(got a nice girl today) she told me to send my receipt , she will send it to accounting and they will mail me a check... it will take about 6 weeks.. imagine?
Ree

o

You have got me wanting this. My birthday is coming up and I've been thinking of putting this on my wish list.

I have a Scooba which I love for my floors. That got me wondering if the only places I could use this would be for mirrors and the kitchen and bathroom counters. This house I rent is old and the cabinets are all painted with a flat paint so I don't know if I could use it on them. I know I can use it for the fruits and vegetables but when it comes to cleaning, where else could I use it?

o

I use it as an air refresher. I just spray linens and drapes, rugs and what ever is not harmed by a fine mist of water. I feel it really does bring that "open windows" smell into the room.

I really can't think of any where I don't use it. Like I stated before, I tried it to remove/pre-treat and did not care for the results.

I have only been using the charged water on my plant starts and am having very good luck. Normally they mold on me before I can get them in the ground. No mold so far.

I have also been using the charged water on my hair. Just my opinion but I think it is softer and just generally nicer to the feel.
I like to try weird stuff.
I spray it in my slippers that tend to get a lil tiny bit "cheezy". NO odor at all. I was very impressed there. I have tried everything on them. Febreeze did nothing.

Working on some warts. They say it will make them go away. I have many on my hands and I have noticed they seem smaller. I haven't devoted any amount of attention to this test but if they go away I sure will let you know. I have had to have them burned off before and removing them with water would sure be a lot less painful!

I spray my doggies beds. Works there too.

I really like the no perfume, clean smell.

o

I'm going to Linens & Things today to buy one. I hope they have it in stock.

If there is anything I need to know regarding getting the system set up and working?

o

One more question. Can I spray this on good wooden furniture and also furniture made from particle board?

o

I would be careful letting the spray sit on your wood. It is water and could do any number of things.
I have used it to wipe my woodwork clean.

o

Has anyone used this to clean hardwood floors , marble or granite surfaces? Or is this not recommended for these surfaces?

o

Reeree has. Maybe she will chime in here.

Basically anything that can be washed with water can be washed with the Lotus. The only difference is the Lotus sanitizes the surface it touches and leaves a beautiful, streak free shine.

I know people might be hesitant to try it because of the errors the machine was throwing but my new one has never given me an error. I love not having to rinse everything I have just cleaned. That plus the stuff I have just cleaned is sanitized is a real bonus.

If you think you might like to try it I would suggest finding a store locally. It seems like paying for return shipping is your responsibility if you decided you don't like it if you buy online. I got mine at Target. That way I could return it directly to the store if I hated it.

o

In looking at the Lotus website they have four different model numbers but I can't tell what the difference is? Amazon has the LBU100 for $108. plus $10.60 for shipping. Is that the same model number being described here?

o

I have a gift certificate from the U.S. Linens & Things that's for $100.00. I'm living in Canada and was told if I purchase something in the States, I can't return it to the Canadian store nor can I use the gift certificate here.

So, I paid the extra $30.00 to buy it in Canada just in case it didn't work well.

I tried it today once and it was fantastic. I will admit my kitchen counters were very dirty and this made it a breeze to clean. I have an electric stove and sprayed away from the burners but the water cleaned under them anyways and with just a quick wipe, the stove was sparkling everywhere.

Tell me if the method I used is wrong. I sprayed everywhere first and then wiped it down. Should I be spraying and wiping as I go? The machine came with 2 rags. I figure I'll keep one in the bathroom and one in the kitchen. How do you clean the rags?

I used this on my kitchen table which is sealed and it worked great there as well.

The best part is the 15 minute use per bottle. I felt as though I was playing Beat the Clock, to see how much I could get done in that time frame. It takes hardly any time for the machine to get to 100% so it's easy to keep cleaning.

I'm going to continue now. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

o

trudi
yes, I have used it on granite and hardwood floors..it really shines the granite beautiful! I use a microfiber mop, ( dashmo told me about it and it's great) spray the water on the floor and they come out very clean.

dashmo
I haven't had any errors..I am wondering if mine is working right when washing fruits & veggies? never had the F1 error code.. I guess I am buying really clean produce????

marie26
that is how I use mine..love the 'beat the clock' lol!! thats how I feel!

isitdoneyet
that is a great price! haven't seen it cheaper any where! grab it!

Ree
PS yesterday I went to a home show..I really enjoyed it..
there was a lot of "go green" going on. one vender was selling the micro fiber mops, did demo's and people were buying them up!

o

Marie,
I called the people at Lotus and they told me that for the best sanitizing the water should remain on for 2 minutes. I figure by the time I spray down then go back and start wiping it is about 2 minutes. For the bath, I spray and leave it for a while.

The microfiber can be machine washed. Just be very careful NOT to use fabric softener on them. I use Charlie's Soap in my wash so I have no worries there.[Lovin that soap]

I think the errors were a thing of the past. The message board posts are pretty old.

My veggies clean in one cycle too.

It really is too bad that their mop does not work well. I guess I will just continue to use my microfiber mop.

There was a huge case of tainted water not to far from me. Over 300 people got sick. I am really thinking about ordering the water purifier.

o

My second round also gave me excellent results. I have hardwood floors which are old and I'm not sure if they're even sealed. I "found" an old pee spot from my dog in the corner which cleaned up instantly and easily.

Another question. I have a shortage of places to plug things into in this house. In the kitchen there is only one convenient outlet and if 2 different appliances are being used at the same time, the breaker needs to be restarted. So, I unplugged the sanitizer.

Must I go through one cycle before using it the next time since it was unplugged?

o

Marie26
So glad you are getting good results...
I always unplug mine after I am finished using it.. you don't have to run it through another cycle before using it again....
Ree

o

Thank you, Ree, for responding so quickly. I (almost) look forward to doing more cleaning.

o

After reading all the rave reviews on the Lotus, I ordered one from Costco. I used it yesterday for the first time and encountered the F1 error every time I washed fresh veges or fruit. I rinsed the produce before running it through a cycle. The unit would count up to 100% and immediately throw a F1 error code. The only vegetable that didn't give me the F1 code was tomatoes. I ran the strawberries through 5 times and finally gave up. I figured they HAD to be cleaner than if I had washed them by hand. This is no exaggeration ~ it took me about 8 hrs (12-8pm) to wash the produce I bought at the grocery store yesterday morning.

I followed the directions carefully so I don't think it was me but operator error is always a possibility. I live in Phx, AZ where tap water is not exactly cold and the directions state to use cold water; not lukewarm. Do you think this could have caused the problem? I tried adding ice to the water to cool it but the problem persisted.

I believe in the technology and I really want to like the Lotus. However, with a 60 hr a week job and frequent cross-country travel, I cannot afford to spend half my Saturday or Sunday washing produce. Perhaps, this is one of the dreaded problematic units that others have mentioned?

Cindy

o

I haven't tried to wash produce yet. I was waiting for the next time that I purchased some to try the machine.

o

Cindla,
My first unit threw errors when washing veggies. I think it had been dropped before I bought it. My new unit never has[knock wood]. I wash veggies all the time and it is a one shot deal. Weird I know but, I even washed cut chicken pieces and only went through one cycle. I sure would not tolerate spending my day trying to run a complete cycle.
Call the company.
I have noticed that veggies last a lot longer when they are ran through.

UPDATE: The warts on my "cleaning" hand are going away! Really! I am going to start soaking my other hand for a few minutes a day.

o

Interesting that you mention your original unit may have been dropped. The bottom of the box was mangled when it arrived at my house. I returned the unit to Costco today. I may try again or find a local retailer. BB&B does not carry it. I haven't tried Linens-n-Things or Target.

o

OK this forum got me again. I bought the Shark Mop, the Scunci hand held steamer and now this Lotus thingy. If Ree says it's good thats good enough for me. LOL. I ordered it from Amazon for $108.00 and free shipping along with a refill on the cartridges. I should have it next week and can't wait to try it. I just hope it works good on doggie stains. It's not the poor babies fault because we leave her for long periods of time while going to doctor visits or hospital for my husband. I'm having the 2 rooms with carpeting cleaned Thursday and I'm hoping that if there are any accidents after that the Lotus will clean them up. What do you think? Being a caregiver doesn't give me much time and I am tired a lot of the time so all these gadgets do help me.

Thanks for all of you here and your inputs.
zipster

o

Hi Zipster!
You are too funny!!!
How was your trip over Easter? so..you got the Lotus! I really like it..I am sure you will to.. keep me posted when you get it and how you like it!
Hope hubby is feeling better and you find some time to rest!
Talk soon!
Ree

o

Hey Ree, that was another lady went visiting children over Easter. I'm the one with the husband with cancer. I think the Lotus will be just the thing to use to sanitize his Nebulizer equipment. He has breathing problems and needs these treatments 4 times a day. I'll let you know what else I find to do with it when it comes on Monday. Thanks again.

o

No offense meant, but I keep reading about this Lotus but really don't "get it". Doesn't a damp microfiber cloth clean windows, mirrors, and floors just great without the addition of anything else? For some reason this just seems like a scam to me, so I will continue reading about your experiences with it, and maybe become convinced that it is needed. I still remember those balls we used to toss in the washing machine instead of soap--never hear about them anymore--sort of think we were all brainwashed and were really just washing our clothes in plain water! LOL

I also wanted to mention that I bought the O mop and cleaning products after seeing it praised on here. I loved the way it cleaned and the smell, but not the way it would sometimes flop up because of the swivel head. The big O handle broke off mine also. I sent an email and a picture of it to the company, but never heard anything from them. Luckily I am short, so still able to use the mop even without the top part of the handle. LOL

Like the rest of you I am always looking for new, better, and faster ways to clean, so enjoy reading your experiences and recommendations.

o

I read every thing they had on their site before I bought one.
I know that plain microfiber does a nice job all on it's own but with the addition of the Lotus water it does a fantastic job!
I have tried it on areas that plain water alone would not clean and it does make a big difference. I am not saying it is the end-all answer, but it will clean more than you would imagine.
Really, the Lotus is something you just have to try yourself to see the results.
I am still loving it.
I like the fact that you can spray it anywhere you can use water and not worry about chemicals getting on stuff or being left behind. No rinsing!
With the addition of a good microfiber mop....the sky is the limit!

o

Zipster
oh I know your hubby is sick..thats why I wrote I hope he was feeling better..I guess I thought it was you who went away over Easter. I think the Lotus water will be great to clean his nebulizer parts with..I actually use mine for my son's (he has mild asthma) it's allergy season, so I have been giving him treatments when needed. Hope you like it!
chat soon
Ree

luvs-
the microfiber cloths work great with just plain water also.. but like dashmo said, it gives it more cleaning power..I do like mine and I also sanitize all the fruits & veggies which is a plus. Maybe give it a try to see if you like it, you can always return it if you don't.. find it in a store near you so there is no shipping cost involved..
Ree

o

I used the sanitizer on apples yesterday. They were over the water level. Do only the parts in the water get sanitized? I'm happy to report there were no error messages.

I have read about strawberries not working well in the sanitizer so I hesitate to put them in there. Which other fruits and vegetables won't work in the sanitizer? Would you put potatoes and onions in there just prior to cooking with them?

o

Marie,
I have washed my potatoes in there. I even ran raw chicken in it. With all the salmonella warnings and chicken it sure could not hurt.
I contacted the company and they sent me [free] the part that holds veggies down in the water. The tiny seeds seem to be the problem with strawberries. I don't eat them so can't advise there.

o

Dashmo, I didn't know there was a part to hold the veggies down. I'll contact the company and see if I can get it, too.

I purchase meat and then put it into portions to freeze. Should I use the sanitizer on it before freezing or after?

o

I don't know about any/all meats. I just figured it sure could not hurt chicken or any whole meats that you would normally rinse. I rinse pork and beef too.
I would do it before freezing. Less time for the "baddies" to work their "magic".

o

Ree how can you keep everyone straight on here, no problem mixing me up with someone else but you did remember my husband and thank you for asking about him. He still has severe breathing problems and has no physical endurance. But we take each day at a time.
Now do you immerse the nebulizer or just spray it? I still haven't gotten it.

o

Not Ree but I also use a neb and I would not rely on home sanitizing methods on something as important. I have always been told to replace the tubes and mouth unit.

I called the company and was told for maximum sanitizing a minimum on 2 minutes "contact" time on said object.

o

zipster
I use the bowl it comes with, and put the parts in there.
I just started using the Lotus for the parts. What I have always done is, wash the parts in warm water and a mild dish detergent ( I use an organic one) Then, I soak the parts in hydrogen peroxide for a few minutes, rinse well with warm water, and let the parts air dry on paper towels. After two, to three weeks,( depending how much it is used) I change the parts ( my kids doctor is great, she gave me a bunch of new parts) now that I have the Lotus, after washing them, I put them in the bowl to sanitize..I take them out and put them on paper towels to air dry. I was skipping the peroxide and using the Lotus after washing them..now I am wondering if it does sanitize enough..hmmmm??? but, I would not just use that alone...

I feel for you and your husband Zipster. I can only imagine how hard this is on you.. just know you are always in my thoughts... at least we can jump on here and take our minds off things for a little while (smile)

Let me know when you get it, I really think you will like it.. Ree

o

Ladies, you've convinced me to try this! Bought it at LNT this evening. Will get it all set up tomorrow. I'm excited about getting rid of the box of cleaning agents under the sink. More space and less chemicals, what a great deal.

o

LOL, hey Melindy--did you get that LNT 20% off coupon too? That's what I used when I went in to buy mine from LNT yesterday! I charged up a bottle of water and lo and behold, my windows have never looked so streak free and nice with so little effort--and that wasn't even with the fancy cloths that came with it! The chrome bathroom fixtures too, I am quite impressed--a spray, a quick wipe and they're really sparkly. Way better than any of the spray cleaners that I have used in the past. I zapped my kid's orthodontic retainers and they came out smell free and shiney. Sprayed down my son's mattress and it no longer smells like a gym locker room in there. On to fruits and veggies and the interior of my fridge. I'm liking this new toy...and I'd never heard of it till I read about it here. So much for "As seen on TV", "As discussed on Garden Web" is so much more believable, in my opinion!

Cj

o

One must never shop at LNT without a coupon! I have a bunch in my purse, none of them are indate, and yet it doesn't matter. Gotta love it. Just got the last of "the dudes" out of my house from the granite counter top install. The old tile counters caused a very messy demo, and there is a layer of dust on everything. Can't wait to get cleaning, well can't wait for the house to be clean. I want some sparkle!

o

OK, so I must know this - do any of you get a real "mist" with the spray bottle? The best I'm getting is a squirt with big drops....

o

Mine works perfectly. You are turning the adjustment nozzle I am sure. Maybe there is a clog in it? Or the tube not tight in the top. If not I would call the Company and tell them.

o

Can you spray eyeglasses with it?

o

I do all the time! They come out sparkling!
Basically, anything that can get "wet" can be cleaned/sanitized with the Lotus.
I put my toothbrushes and scrub brushes [not together] in the veggie bowl and clean them too.
They Lotus can also be used to clean dentures/bridges.
If I have any leftover water I use it to water my plants.

o

melindy
I don't get a nice fine spray from my bottle either..large amounts of water comes out..I have tried adjusting it, but always comes out the same...I thought that was the way it worked until dashmo said she doesn't have that problem...
maybe we should call the company and ask for new bottles??
Ree

o

ree,I think we should get a new bottle or a new cap. I did call last week, but got a message about large call volumes. It's after hours now, so I just sent an email. I'll let you know what happens. A mist would be much better for freshening fabric, etc.

o

melindy
I haven't had the chance to call..that was a good reminder..thanks! I will call tomorrow also. I was actually going to buy a new spray bottle and just pour the charged water in that because I really do not like how wet everything thing is after I spray. I'll see if they will send a new one..let me know what happens, hope you hear back from them soon.
let me know... and visa-versa
Ree

o

ree,
received a reply this morning - they will send me a new nozzle. That should solve the problem. I thought about dumping it into another spray bottle, figuring that the oxygen couldn't disassociate that fast, but then decided that maybe it could.

dashmo,
How are your hands looking? I was intrigued by the "off label" use and started to spray my dog. He gets crusty spots on his skin. He's on a special diet, has special shampoo, etc. but eventually the crusties come, and then it's back to the vet for a course of antibiotics. I'd love to avoid that.

o

I can not believe how many tiny warts I HAD! They are gone. I did nothing special. Just handling the cleaning rag.

Thought you might like to know that the Lotus water will not....I repeat NOT remove skunk odor. Ugh! Seems my little Miss Doggy thinks skunks are fun. She went face to hiney with one night before last. You would think that it would be easy to get skunk off a hairless dog but sadly, no such luck. She came running in the dog door with skunk all over her and plopped on the carpet. Hubby snatched her up and ran to the tub. She is fine but not a lick smarter.
Needless to say, I spent all the next day trying to get the smell out of the carpet and the fiberglass tub enclosure. Nothing has worked for the tub. If you have any ideas I would love them. I am going on day 3 and I can still smell skunk.
I have tried:
Vinegar
Baking Soda
Borax
Odor-ban
Scrubbing bubbles
The Lotus water
Burning a really strong candle with the door closed.
A fan
last but not least, holding my nose! lol
This is the ONLY bath in my home.

The Lotus worked really well for removing the odor from my carpet but not anywhere else. Odd, but true. I ask my DIL last night when she dropped by if she could smell it and she could not. I use it on my dogs beds and it works great too.

o

Our dogs are also not very smart when it comes to skunks. I found this 'remedy' on the internet. Might work pretty well for the tub. You mix 1 quart of peroxide with 1/4 c of baking soda and a tablespoon of liquid dishsoap. The measurements don't have to be exact. We scrubbed the dogs with it, and it worked great! You could rub it on the shower if it is color fast. Another thing that was mentioned was boiling cider vinegar and letting the steam waft in the smelly room. Also coffee grounds placed in the room. I think I've also read that the phosphoric acid in cola will get rid of skunk smell.

I've included the link that has these ideas. It's called "Thrifty Fun", but do a search on the site for 'removing skunk smell' and you'll get lots of info.

I know how yucky this can be. You have my sympathy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Removing Skunk Smell From House

o

melindy
oh good! I am glad they will send a new sprayer..lets hope that one works better! I didn't call today..I have been removing wall paper and painting my kitchen..my day goes by so quickly before the kids get home from school..so all the other things on my " to do list" is still waiting to get done..lol!
I will call!!
Ree

o

Melindy,
Thank you for your help. We did use the peroxide remedy on her right away but it did nothing for my fiberglass tub. It took 2 baths for her but we were afraid of burning her skin so they were short. Tonight she is on skunk watch again but I have the dog door locked tight. I will work on ridding [humanely] our property of the little stinkers before she has full rein on her kingdom.

o

Hi Dashmo
...I never cleaned fabric or rugs with the lotus water until today... my daughter had her friend over yesterday..little did I know it they were eating chocolate chip cookies in her room (thats a big no-no here)

I went in her room this morning to make the bed I noticed her sitting room was a mess..I went in there and lo and behold..crumbs everywhere..then I saw chocolate on her nearly brand new carpet which is a very pale green..I wasn't happy at all. I charged the water 2x's..sprayed and 'washed it out".. the chocolate 'stains' are all gone!

I am amazed!
Ree

o

So the pet *scents* just disappear with the Lotus?
I'm talking cat urine/spray. I can smell where the stray cats have sprayed on my decking/siding.
Will the scent be removed with the Lotus?

Thanks in advance.

o

I only have dogs but IMO, yes they just vanished. I just spray the dog beds and what ever they choose to lay on and don't have to worry that my hairless dogs are laying on a bunch of chemicals.

o

In regards to the anti skunk spray...any special peroxide I need? Does it come in different strengths or anything? thanks!

o

Ok here is another quetion (just found this website and it's fantastic!). Of all you regular 'posters', which do you prefer for linoleum..was no wax but I think I have beat it all off lmao!...the Lotus w/ a (bona?) microfiber broom or a shark steam mop?thanks!!!

o

Regarding perxide for skunk wash - I just used the stuff that I had in the medicine cabinet. Don't know if it comes in different strengths. I also really scrubbed it in, and then let it sit for about 20 minutes. The reason I let it sit that long was that I was waiting for DH to get back from the store with Coke. We did a coke rinse and then washed them. I was going to try every home remedy possible! My black dog did get some nice highlights! But it really got rid of the smell.

I have a friend who simply uses cider vinegar on her "skunked" dogs. I think she lets it dry on them. It doesn't totally get rid of the smell IMO.

o

Geesaint,
I only have the Lotus. I, like you have beat the no-wax off the floor. I am sure it was from years of chemicals. The lotus water in combination with the microfiber mop does clean the floor but really does nothing for the now non-existent shine.
Reeree has the steam mop. Maybe she will chime in here. :0)

Oh, the skunk smell is gone now. Too bad the skunks aren't! I just used the ordinary hydrogen peroxide from my medicine cabinet. I could not leave it on for 20 minutes though cause my Girl is hairless and I was afraid it would burn her skin.

o

I bought some conventionally grown strawberries and have run them through my lotus 3 times. It keeps telling me they're still contaminated. Is there anything else to do? They're so beautiful, I hate to throw them out.

o

wondering
I just finished washing strawberries as we 'speak' the same exact thing just happened to me 3x's. I do not think they are contaminated..if you notice in the water the little 'seeds' float around..I think is throwing the Lotus off..after the 3rd time, I just rinsed & dried them (ate a few..lol) and put them in a container away in the fridge..they are fine.. go ahead..indulge! (smile)
Ree

geesaint
I do not have linoleum flooring, but the shark mop is suppose to do well on them. I use it on my wood and tile floors, and they are squeaky clean! I also bought the bona and use it when I do not feel like plugging in the mop, I really like that too ( very fast and easy)
There are people on here who have used it on linoeum..maybe some can share?
Ree

o

Can any microfiber cloths be used with the lotus sanitizer or only those that come with the machine?

o

marie
..you can use any microfiber cloth. I have lots of them and use them all when cleaning with the Lotus water..
Ree

o

I've been keeping up with this thread and today asked my DH about what he thinks about buying Lotus. I explained how it works and he says that if all it does is add an extra oxygen atom onto a water molecule (by passing an electric current through water), it forms oxygen peroxide and if I want to use peroxide to clean, it will be cheaper to buy it in bottles ... Does anyone know anything about this? His explanation made sense to me, unless there is something more to this system. Thanks.

o

newtoremodeling,

Your husband is right. Here is what I said in a post towards the top of this thread. I wrote that "...all you are doing is making a form of hydrogen peroxide."

o

If you go to the Tersano website and look under test results for the Lotus (studies run by third parties) they list the active ingredient as ozone (O3), not peroxide (H2O2). That's why the timer allows 15 minutes to use the sprayer - O3 is unstable. Hydrogen peroxide degrades much more slowly - over years. Perhaps you could use a dilute peroxide and test patches to determine if it would bleach your furnishings. There is a food grade peroxide, so that might work for sanitizing food, if that is a worry to you.

I like being able to walk around my house with the squirt bottle and squirt everything without worry about bleaching, and knowing that it's not just cleaning -I could do that with plain water and a microfiber cloth - but that it is sanitizing. I also like having the bowl to sanitize food. There are less expensive options, but I like this option.

o

I only got a chance to see your responses now. I wish the company would provide us with some chemical formulas ... I did some google searches and am guessing that it's something like this: 3 water molucules are broken up to form a 3-oxygen molecule, 6 hydrogens ... then it disintgrates further withing 20 min.

And that it is indeed used to sanitize water, to disintegrate chemicals, etc. Just an update. I still don't know if I will buy the Lotus system but I am more likely now that I have an idea of how it works.

o

There is tons of info on water treated with ozone on the net.. I am really happy with my lotus ..(thanks to dashmo) I am very pleased in how well the lotus water cleans , and also for washing fruits and veggies :)

Ree

o

Yesterday, my sanitizer had the F1 code come up at 98%. This was after 1 time when it got the F4 code. I pulled out the plug and started over. Then the F1 code happened 2 times in a row.

Is the water ready to use if it's at 98%? How do I get it to stop the F1 code?

o

Marie,
I would call the company and ask. They are great to work with. Is your filter inserted? Is the color right?
My book is not handy but I know it has a trouble-shooting section.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lotus Troubleshooting

o

I did purchase a Lotus Sanitizing system, but I have some nagging doubts in the back of my head about the claims the company makes. I did try it on the mold on my tile grout around the bathtub and it didn't really help. That may be because those spots are now a stains rather than just mold though. I'm trying to find some scientific data (not from the company website) on the Lotus system specifically that proves it disinfects. I did run into a study that showed that microfiber cloths with water sanitize as well as a regular cloths used with disinfectants, so now I'm wondering if some of the disinfectant abilities the company is talking about actually comes from the use of the microfiber cloth. Also, I'm a bit concerned about the amount of ozone this product may or may not put out into my home.

Here is a link to an article and below the article, a discussion where an executive from the company that makes the sanitizer answered some of the public's questions.

Here is a link that might be useful: lotus sanitizer article and discussion

o

I can't figure out how to edit my previous post. I believe I should have said "demonstration" rather than "study" with regard to the comparison of microfiber cloths to regular cloths used with disinfectants. Here is the link to that article.

Here is a link that might be useful: microfiber cloth as a disinfectant

o

Wow, that article on microfiber cloths is fascinating.

o

That is a very interesting article on microfiber cloths. It would carry more weight if they had taken colony counts instead of blacklight comparisons. I don't think saying that the proteins are gone visually (and macroscopically in this case) is the same as saying bacteria are gone/dead. I have a blacklight that I use to see where my animals may have piddled, and trust me, all sorts of things are florescent. I do love the cloths, and wouldn't be without them, but give me a colony count!

o

Costco.com has it for $129.99 w FREE shipping and they include :
2 additional microcotton cleaning cloths (4 cloths total)
3 additional booster cartridges (4 cartridges total)

just ordered it, lets hope it works out good :)

o

I have had the Lotus System for over a year now and couldn't live without it. With all the talk on the news about salmonella and ecoli (spelling?) I feel secure after cleaning our produce in the Lotus system. I also use it to clean kitchen tile,countertops, cutting boards,etc. It also makes a great window cleaning solution along with a microfiber cloth. You just can beat this thing! Thought it was a bit pricey when I first bought it, but it has been worth every penny. Target now sells the filters for it also which is much less expensive than ordering them from the manufacturer.

o

I ordered the Lotus water treatment system to see if it would make our nasty tasting well water any better. Wow . . . when I process the well water it tastes great!

o

I certainly hope you are doing the following if you are treating drinking water with ozone:

Run the water through a carbon filter to remove potentially carcinogenic disinfection biproducts and remove ozone.

Rule number one is always to know what is in your water. Number two is to know the result of any chemical treatment (yes, ozonation is a chemical treatment) before you do it. If the lotus does include carbon filtration, you need to know how much and how long it will last with YOUR water. An average filter life isn't good enough.

o

Fortunately, the Lotus water treatment system does end the treatment process by filtering the water through a carbon filter. It also has a built-in sensor which alerts you when the carbon filter needs to be changed. The sensor is based on the condition of the carbon filter (and therefore based on your particular water conditions and your water's effect on the filter) rather than on an artificial time line.

I want to get my water tested. I bought the "at home" kits, but I'd rather use a lab to do the tests. Can anyone recommend a lab for testing water? Thanks.

o

I keep getting the F1 warning. The machine will go to 96 or above and then the F1 comes on. It doesn't matter if I'm cleaning food or am using the spray bottle.

I noticed the balls in the filter are sort of green. But I feel I haven't used the machine enough times to feel I need a new filter. Could this be causing it?

Unfortunately, Lotus customer service hours are the same as my working hours and I haven't been able to call them.

I've used the water even when getting the F1 code. Does it have any effect at all or must it get to 100 for any benefit?

Are the microfiber cloths that come with it more special than the ones you can buy in the stores?

Thanks for any advice. I really want to use this machine.

o

Marie,

You can go to the manufacturer's website in their blog area and ask your question. The actual inventor of the product comes on and answers many customer service questions. Your question may have already been answered and if you read through all the posts (there are many of them) you may find the answer.

I don't think that the Lotus microfibers are much different than other microfiber cloths, so I think you can use any microfiber cloth that you have, but that is just my opinion.

Here is a link that might be useful: manufacturer answers questions about lotus sanitizer

o

I was in Linens and Things the other day looking for something and the manager ended up helping me. I told him about my Lotus Sanitizer F1 problem and he said he hadn't had any other complaints. I also told him the hours that Lotus was open made it difficult for me to contact them. He then told me to bring back my Lotus Sanitizer with the receipt and he'd give me a new one. I did that today. No more F1 codes. Yeah! That's what I call great customer service!

o

I know this thread is old, old, old but...
I am still using the Lotus. Still loving it too. Same machine after all these years. It's uses seem never ending. I never did order the mop after reeree_natural said she was unimpressed.
I have torn the internet up reading about this kind of cleaning and am satisfied with the information I have found.
When I first bought my Lotus machine I figured I had very little to loose. I can't imagine how much money I have saved in cleaners through the years! Not to mention the air refresher effects just plain water has.
Needless to say I am still loving my Lotus! :0)

o

I have had 2 Lotus Sanitizing Systems. The first came with a broken display. Part of the area where you see the time and percentage digitally was permanently black. We called customer support and they sent us a return label. We packed the thing up and sent it back and got another one very promptly.

We have been using that other one for about 5 month now. However, 2-3 of those months have been very frustrating. The unit will struggle to get through a charging cycle. It sounds like it is starting and stopping many many times during the cycle. 50% of the time it will just turn off with no error codes. I then have to unplug it, plug it back in, and start over hoping that it finished the cycle this time. I have called customer support many times, but I call after hours because I only remember to call after work or on Saturdays and they are closed by then. This last time (today - Saturday) I left a message. Hopefully I remember to call them Monday during business hours if I don't hear back from them.

My wife and I love the idea of cleaning with ozone and when it was working properly we loved the product. I need to call Lotus to have them replace this unit. I don't think they will hesitate with doing that since we had such a good experience before with them replacing the first one.

My only concern about this product is that it seems to not be manufactured very well. I say this because I have had 2 of them and I have had problems with 2 of them. It isn't cheap. I was hoping that it would work without problems. At least they have good customer support to replace the unit WHEN it goes bad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here