Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need dust mop that will fit under my furniture

Posted by peabody1 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 8, 08 at 9:36

I have an old Swiffer sweeper dust mop. It will not fit under my furniture which includes my TV entertainment center, couch, diningroom hutch, etc. Most of the items are 1-3/4" from the floor, but the couch is only 1-1/2" from the floor. Does anyone know of a dust mop that will fit under such low clearances?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need dust mop that will fit under my furniture

Wrap a microfiber cloth around a yard stick...use tape to keep it in place or you will be stuck crawling around on the floor with a bent coat hanger trying to fish it out.
But it works well.
Linda C

o

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been using a yard stick with a sock held on by a rubber band. Pain in the neck.

o

LindaC has an innovative, low-cost solution that sure makes sense. If bending is an issue, as it is for me (age, you know) the March 2008 issue of Good Housekeeping shows a new Oxo Good Grips Under Buster that "has a special joint in the handle that bends a full 90 degrees, so the mop can slip easily below furniture that's low to the ground. The included microfiber pad is washable and extra wide, but if you prefer a dry disposable cleaning cloth, just attach one to the head." It's a bit pricey at $25, but my back is telling me it might be worth it. It's supposed to hit the stores this month, but we haven't yet found it in any stores where we live. My guess is that this would meet your clearance requirements, which don't appear to be unusually low.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here