Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Keeping Rug Tassels/Fringe Straight?

Posted by geebee (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 16, 10 at 9:34

I have several oriental type rugs; however, some of them invariably look all messy because the fringe will not stay straight. I've seen the tape used on the back, but I don't particularly want to use that--especially on round rugs where there's a gap between each tassel. Anyone have an ingenious idea as to how to make the tassel/fringe a little stiffer and stay straighter?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Keeping Rug Tassels/Fringe Straight?

Hate to sound so persnickety, but I comb the tassels on my two oriental rugs so they lay flat. Otherwise the rugs do look messy. I keep a small pick-type hair comb among my cleaning tools for this purpose. (Oh, and I iron my blue jeans, too :)

o

I tried the combing (felt weird!! lol!) but it really did help! Thanks for the tips!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Design

o

Actually, the fringe isn't tangled, it just gets separated or tossed back from the least brush with a foot or such because apparently, the fringe is too light & silky. I tho't maybe someone had an idea to make it more stiff without having to tape it.

o

I wonder if a spray acrylic (or something of the sort) could be put on it (with something under it while sprayed of course). Maybe that would keep it from moving around so easily. Spray starch maybe?
I don't have rugs with tassels, so haven't tried it myself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here