Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fresh smelling house

Posted by beanwabr (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 7, 11 at 9:09

I'm looking into tips for having a clean scent in my home. My bathrooms are especially rough, no matter how much cleaning is done. One tip I had read said to place a dab of, say, vanilla, on a cold light bulb and then when it is turned on it warms up for a nice smell. I wonder, would this work if I'm using a CFL, which doesn't emit much heat.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fresh smelling house

Do you have an exhaust fan and/or window in your bath? It sounds like it needs some fresh air. If you can smell anything when the bathroom is clean you have either a water leak somewhere or there are some germs not being caught during normal cleaning. Or the base of your toilet could not be sealed properly. They do wear out over time.

I use a mixture of Taaka Vodka w/equal amount of tap water, 1 squirt of Dawn and a few drops of Spearmint essential oil to wipe down everything in my house. I use the same mixture with some vinegar added, to mop all my floors. I also spray my trash cans when they are emptied so they hold the fragrance for a little while.

o

for a nice scent that isn't overwhelming, try getting some essential oils and an oil burner / diffuser. the one i have, you put two or three drops of the oil (i have orange, lavendar, etc.) and ten drops of water, then you put a tea light underneath. it provides a wonderful understated aroma.

o

To freshen my house, I just wait for a dry day (no precipitation) and open the winows, even 5 minutes will do. Just enough to do one air exchange, outside air in. Smells remarkably fresh. I don't bother with highly scented candles or sprays,etc.

o

If you ever go to the Bath & body works store, look for "wall flowers". Its a plug in and the scents are great, they will really make a room smell nice.
They put them on sale often. Try to catch them when they are $6.00

Here is a link that might be useful: Wall flowers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here