Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ailene54

Bona sonic mop? Which cordless vacume do you like most?

Ilene Perl
12 years ago

I have always used Bona with the microfiber mop for my oak floors, they always look great. I just installed bamboo strand in my new kitchen, I love the look but realize this floor is going to show more dirt than I realized. Was thinking of getting the Bona sonic mop, or the regular (swifter style)bona mop. Which one do you like better? Also want to purchase a cordless vacume, any preferences there? Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (6)

• clt3
    12 years ago

The Bona is a good mop, but I prefer the Rubbermaid Reveal. I had a problem with the Bona spray lever not returning to the proper position to spray again. The Rubbermaid has worked flawlessly and you can fill it with any solution including Bona.

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

If we're just talking dry dirt, then I would invest in the Swiffer Vac. We love ours. It's a cordless vac + dry swiffer mop all in one.

• mellyc123
    12 years ago

I really like my Dyson cordless.

• Ilene Perl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to look at both the Swiffter Vac and the Dyson, which Dyson do you have? I think also I have to get use to having such a dark floor in the kitchen, since all little "white" specks seem to show.

• andersons21
    11 years ago

I wanted to start a thread about cordless vacs. I have 3:
    Dirt Devil Quick Power -- useless on hard floors
    Shark cordless sweeper -- not good on hard floors, can pick large debris off the surface of carpet.
    Swiffer Vac -- OK. Works well enough to actually use, at least for my small kitchen. Suction is not good enough to quickly pick up the large pieces of grass and debris my dogs track in. I do use it to vacuum the kitchen every day; it's faster and cleans better than sweeping, and I don't want to haul out my whole canister vacuum.

HOWEVER, its negatives:
    - I think it's a pain to clean the filter, clean out the cup, and get it back on the unit. I've gotten the hang of it now, so it's not so bad.
    - As I mentioned above, suction not powerful enough to pick up larger debris.
    - Battery lasts only a year or two, then only gives you a minute or two of charge.

So, when I put hard flooring throughout the whole house, the Swiffer Vac isn't going to do it for me. The suction won't be powerful enough to pick up the pieces of grass and debris, the dust cup is way too small, and the filter needs cleaning too frequently.

Therefore, I am considering
    - Dyson DC35,
    - Hoover Linx, and
    - Roomba

I think I'd like to get whichever works better the Dyson or the Hoover Linx, plus the Roomba. Has anyone used BOTH the Dyson and Hoover Linx?

• Ilene Perl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have been attempting to find the right cordless vacuum. I tried the Purple Shark which only picks up dirt in the forward direction, the swiffter Vac wasn't right for me either. The Dyson and Roomba were more than I wanted to spend since I was looking for a secondary vacume. I'm now using the Shark Navigator, so far it's fine, it reminds me of the "electric broom" my Mom use to use after meals and for light touch ups, this is what I was looking for. So far the charge is fine, the suction is good. For washing the kitchen (wood) floor I had the Bona floor system with the spray bottle which I've used for years for my other wood floors, but I didn't like this for the kitchen, and wanted something easier for daily use. I bought the Bona Sonic Mop after reading reviews (on Amazon), it's easier for me and get's the spots which were driving me nuts (my floor is medium-dark and shows more than I expected). So for now the Shark Navigator and my Sonic Mop are making my daily cleaning easier, my house is looking the way I like. I'm always looking for an easier way to clean. Please let me know if you try the Roomba if you like it for heavy cleaning.