Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Steam Cleaners

Posted by janedonold (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 25, 09 at 5:10

I have been researching steam cleaners online at Daimer.com and other sites. I have an apartment and I am looking for steam cleaners that would be beneficial for the different uses I have. High temperatures are important, because I have kids and keeping the apartment sanitary is important. Spot cleaning capabilities are also important, as spills are something we know well. Does anyone have any suggestions for steam cleaners that would meet these needs? Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Safe steam cleaners

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Steam Cleaners

Any of the better steam machines will produce hot steam - that's their purpose.

By spot cleaning, do you mean spot cleaning rugs? Check for a rug cleaning attachment. I have not tried to spot clean my carpeting with my steamer. I only use it on hard surfaces, so I can't help you with this.

The link to the $3,000 and up commercial ones are way beyond what you need in an apartment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here