Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Refrigerator angst

Posted by rozilla (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 14, 10 at 23:02

What IS that gunk in there? I take out the shelves, wash the drawers, and in a week it is a big box of gross again. Between the two-hour chore I wipe off containers, clean the visible parts of shelves, wipe under stuff. I have a job already, don't want to devote all this time to that refrigerator which is making me nuts. Know any secrets to keeping one clean?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Refrigerator angst

Do one shelf at a time when you notice it's grungy. I only completely clean mine every month or 2.Depending on how clean it stays.

My top shelf where the milk and jams sit gets the grungiest, so I often take the milk out, push everything to one side as far as I can and wash that part then wipe off the jars and put on the clean side then wipe off the other side and arrange it. It takes about 10 minutes to do this. When I bring in groceries I wipe out drawers before I set the groceries in them. It's much easier and seems to take less time if you try to keep it reasonably clean between cleanings.

o

I do one shelf at a time, put the jars and containers in the kitchen sink with about an inch of water and a squirt of dushsoap. Wipe them off and return to the clean refridge shelf. I also post a note to my family not to put any open or leaking containers in our fridge. Mama won't like it!

o

I think you guys are right. Doing a little at a time makes more sense than waiting for it to build up so that it becomes a huge job. Why didn't I think of that?? Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here