Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clorox blue automatic toilet bowl cleaner

Posted by peonyfan (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 25, 11 at 22:53

Anyone have any experience with this? I found in a cabinet "Clorox blue automatic toilet bowl cleaner" which is bleach-free. Before I put this in my toilet tank, I wanted to look for some reviews, but only found one valid one. I know the bleach-type ones create problems with the rubber flap and possibly plumbing and want to make sure there are no problems of that kind or any other with this product. Thanks!

Ingredients: cleaning agents (surfactants) and fragrance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clorox blue automatic toilet bowl cleaner

Anytime I have ever used these they fell apart and left chunks of cleaner along the rim. They were more trouble than they were worth.

o

You're right about the ones with bleach eating away at the rubber parts. I learned that the hard way. My plumber simply recommended avoiding any cleaner that you leave in the tank, even the ones that don't have bleach.

o

We had one ... not sure if it was bleach or not ... that got stuck in a funny position so that the toilet would not flush well, and drain like it should. We thought something was stuck in the toilet and plunged like crazy, then we tried changing the flap, plunged some more, bought another flap ... a month or so later called the plumber, who found the silly half dissolved cleaner stuck in the tank. So ... no more. I prefer the gel that you can stick into the side of the toilet bowl. Comes in a long stick and you push out one gel "portion" at a time. That worked and smelled great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here