Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Powerwashing Well Water Pump...

Posted by VengeFulHemi (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 12 at 20:55

Hello All:
I want to powerwash my roof(tiled). I don't want to use my city water because it would be really expensive and I would not have enough pressure to supply the inlet to the powerwasher. Here is what I would like to do, but I am confused on one thing. We had a well system installed in 05 and we have a 4 zone system with a 1hp pump(53gpm). The way the installers setup the system is that I can hook my garden hose into a spigot that the sprinkler company put inline with the system(thus being able to water plants or whatever with well water). But I cannot seperate running a zone without also using the well water spigot. The issue that I will have is that I dont want to water a zone(for a long time and creating a flood) while being on the roof with the powerwasher(I will be up there a long time, I got a big roof). I had two thoughts:

1- Can I just put a heavy object on each head of the one particular zone that I run(while powerwashing) and not water the lawn? Or will that damage my system?

2- Would I be able to disconnect the electrical connection at the valve for a particular zone then run the pump (manually) for that zone and no water to that zone, but to my powerwasher?

I have a generac 2700psi pw that is a 2.7gpm. Being that my pw is 2.7gpm, and the well pump supplies 53gpm, would I damage my pw with the well pump constantly supplying the 53gpm to the pw. Many thanks to all.

Don

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Powerwashing Well Water Pump...

The talented folks on the Plumbing forum might be able to help you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here