Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning porcelain tile floor after mop n glo mishap

Posted by bookworm123 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 21, 09 at 19:29

My porcelain tile floor is not sealed and my cleaning people put Mop n Glo on it to give it a shine. It was still dull so I attempted to remove it with a steam mop to no avail. I then used vinegar and water to no avail. I then tried Tile Lab Grout and Tile Cleaner which did not help much. The fellow at Home Depot recommended Tile Lab's Heavy Duty Cleaner and Stripper. I had some success with it but the floor is still streaky and spotty in places. Will ammonia and water help? Any help is appreciated. I am using a microfiber cloth when I am scrubbing the floors on my hands and knees. Help! I'm not getting any younger and my arms, knees and back are killing me. Also, I told the cleaning people to never bring Mop n Glo into this house again!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning porcelain tile floor after mop n glo mishap

You might cross-post this on the Kitchen forum -- Bill V and other tile folks are often there and may have a suggestion.

What a nightmare -- wouldn't it be nice if cleaning people took the responsibility to clean up their messes??

Arlene

o

As I recall, ammonia was recommended to strip wax from floors. Mop N Glow is not really a wax as much as it is some kind of coating, but it would not hurt to try.

o

I did this to my self, no cleaning people to blame and it took many many cleaning's to get it off. I will never have it in my house again, either. Gailee

o

Amonia will work, use it full strength or strong solution if you can. Let it set for 15 mins before mopping it up. I use it to strip wax all the time. I just whirl my mop in a bucket of amonia, then wring out my mop on the floor, spread it around, let it set then mop it up, wringing the mop out quite often. It should help your problem just fine.

o

My Mother was house sitting for us and she thought my porcelain tile needed a little shine so she slammed on the Mop n Glo. Like the other posters, amonia will work but I had to do it several times before I could get it all up. I had more problems getting it out of the grout. Good luck

o

Another who says ammonia....
My lovely quarry tile hearth had been coated with Mop and glow or something.....after many treatments.....ammonia finally got it clean.
Linda c

o

I used your mop n glo on my vinyl floor and I hate it. So How do I get this CRAP off my floor without using a knife to scrape it off. Seloution to my problem would be fantastic. I will Never USE that product Ever Again!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here