Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hover floormate

Posted by greif (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 18:59

Hi
Does the floor mate or any other brand do a good job of tile and grout? The grout is a little lower then the tile so wondering if it gets cleaned?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hover floormate

Hello... I have a Hoover Floor Mate... it does a wonderful job on the tile and my tile is uneven..It is actually pretty disgusting to see the dirty water in the tank afterwards and I keep a very clean house... but unfortunately no.. it does not do much for the grout...It will of course, put the cleaner solution down and vacuum it back up good, so can't really say it won't clean the grout at all... but A couple of years ago I made some grout cleaner out of Mean Green and bleach. Bought me a grout brush at Home Depot... sprayed and scrubbed and used old towels to wipe it up. I did all the grout in my entire house!... That was quite a job too... Then I got some grout sealer at Home Depot and a little squeeze bottle they had to put it in. The bottle has a little narrow brush on it and you just run it down the grout lines, it dries in no time. It looks wonderful to this day... there are only a couple of places that have restained, in front of the fridge, where pop gets poured...It would probably come up easy now with just a little scrub of a brush, I just don't think about it till I read something like this... lol My grout is almost a grey, like cement so depending on your grout color would determine to add bleach to the cleaning solution or not. It you have like a dark brown grout say, I would not add bleach to it. But Mean Green just by itself would work great and it has a pleasant smell also. I just cleaned mine a room at a time over a few days, it really wasn't too bad of a job...good luck!

o

I had a Floormate and hated it. Very complicated to use and broke after just a few months (maybe two months) use. It wasn't even under a warrantee as I bought it used,refurbished.

o

In my experience, the mats slide around enough to be annoying. Time consuming too.

This post was edited by leenamark on Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 11:47

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here