Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to clean vinyl floors to remove yellow film

Posted by jessiep (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 7, 07 at 18:47

I saw a hint for this and did not clip it out and now I need it.Anyone else have it.Thanks Jessie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to clean vinyl floors to remove yellow film

To hot water in bucket, add small amount of ammonia and white vinegar. Apply to stains and let sit for awhile, scrub and rinse well. If you have pets or crawling tikes, this should not be used.

o

Thank you so much.I will try this as mine are in need of something that will take the yellow off.Jessie

o

Is it a yellow film or have they turned yellow? There is a problem sometimes with the glue used to install vinyl. Sometimes it comes up in the vinyl and turns it yellow. This is a big problem for white, off-white vinyl. They will never go back to white.

o

My old worn out white bath tile is now black because the finish is worn so any dirt goes right in. It now looks like it's stained in spots even after mopping. I'm not ready to replace it until we are going to sell the house. Any suggestions in the interim. I do have pets, but will gladly rinse any solution that will work. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here