Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ceramic floor cleaning with pets

Posted by KatLL (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 2, 12 at 18:43

I am so frustrated! I have a house that has ceramic tile (w/deep grout) in all the areas except bedrooms. My living area is 24x18 and my hallways, baths, kitchen etc all tile. I have 4 animals (2 cats and 2 dogs) one of which is a husky, the other is an older jack russell to has accidents often. I have tried everything to keep my floors clean and nothing works. I need an everyday and deep clean solution. I have seen the messages about Casabella Magnet Mop for floors but it looks to small for the areas I need. The Wagner Steam Cleaner sounds good but there were some messages that were "not so good".

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ceramic floor cleaning with pets

Using a vacuum cleaner on tile floors before you mop, will keep from making mud pies in the grout!

Use a regular string mop to clean floors. The strings will swish around in and over the grout getting it clean instead of shoving dirty water into the grout when using a sponge mop or other type.

For heavy duty cleaning the tile/grout, make a hot solution of Finish Power Ball Dishwasher Cleaner. Wet floor good with solution and wait 30 minutes before scrubbing/rinsing. If floor drys out in areas, wet again with solution. Number of power ball tablets will depend on how much solution you mix up. About 4 tablets to a gallon of hot water might be what you need. Use a grout brush on the grout. Janitor supply places will have a beveled type grout brush that will fit on a long broom handle (save your back).

o
RE: Ceramic floor cleaning with pets

Get the steam cleaner. Steam cleaning is the easiest way to clean ceramic floors, IMO. You will need to vacuum the floor first to remove the dog fur.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here