Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?

Posted by desertdance (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 10, 09 at 18:32

It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out. Any suggestions? Easy please! The neck is narrow, and the body is huge. Hard to clean.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?

I have the same problem and same narrow neck. What finally worked was a very strong solution of bleach and water. I've used this method several times now but I do wonder if this will eventually damage the pot.

o

Denture tablets in hot water. Let it sit in the pot for a few hours....then rinse well.

o

Shaklee's Nature Bright Laundry Booster and Stain Remover. Put a couple tablespoons into the carafe, add hot water to the top and let it sit over night. It will look like brand new. And this product has no harsh chemicals; is kind to the environment. I clean my carafe every couple of months this way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nature Bright

o

Posted by desertdance: " The neck is narrow, and the body is huge. Hard to clean."

"Stains" on stainless steel is actually build-up. Use a bottle brush if the neck is narrow.

o

The denture tablets didn't work well for me. And the bottle brush couldn't reach all the spots inside my carafe. Now I use 1/2 of an Electrosol dishwasher detergent tablet and let soak overnight. It comes out spotless.

o

White King Softener will clean most anything, though it's made as a laundry addative. I put a tablespoon in my coffee pot then fill with boiling water. After standing about an hour the pot rinses to look like new. This product also cuts grease. I put a handful into a sink of warm water and clean the mess off my stove parts and even the grease off the vent hood. It sells for about $6 a box - the only problem is that not all major stores carry it.

o

I put 2 or 3 tablespoons of Cascade powdered dishwasher detergent in my coffee maker's stainless steel carafe and filled it with boiling water and let it set for an hour or so. The coffee build up (oils maybe?) came off in sheets. Yuck. Now it looks brand new.

o

I agree with chikadeead, I fill up my pot with boiling water and add a few tablespoons of dishwasher detergent and let it sit. You will be amazed how sparkling clean it turns out. Since it is so cumbersome to get a brush inside your pot, I would close the lid and give it a few shakes before emptying the pot. Make sure you rince it out good.

o

Kudos to the dishwasher detergent folks! We have had the high-end brand SS pot for two years and I happened to look inside it today - UGH! I tried the boiling water with a detergent packet for a few hours. Perfect! Cheap! Easy! Do it! Often!

o

Wow! All the hours I've spent on GardenWeb over the years have just paid off.

We have a stainless steel Thermos used to keep the extra coffee. It's tall and difficult to clean. Last night I tried the boiling water and DW detergent. When I poured it out this morning, the water looked like weak coffee (yuck). The inside of the Thermos is beautiful.

Thanks everyone!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here