Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vacuum for tile floor

Posted by greif (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 17:34

Any recommendations for a vacuum for tile floor. Ours is great on carpet but not tile, with brush on tosses everything around and brush off just goes over without sucking up. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vacuum for tile floor

Use the attachment wand with any vacuum sweeper. It will take it right up. I had some ceramic tile at the last house, will never do that again. I hated it.

o

Hello again.... I have a cordless, rechargable Shark vacuum I use on my tile, it works great, has lots of power and I love not having a cord to drag around. I also have a wide dust mop that works great that I use before mopping. It is a chore trying to figure out the easiest and best method to clean floors isn't it????

o

Ever morning before anyone else is up, I sweep, then mop my kitchen. I've never found a good way to vacuum a flat tile floor. I use my vacuum only on carpetted areas. Just what works for me.

o

A canister vac will work, I had a Dyson DC21 - wish I had not sold it and bought the upright! (Did that when we lived in a place with lots of carpet, but no carpet any more.)

o

A canister vac with hard floor attachment works great. We have only hard surfaces in the basement and first floor of our house. I'm sure there are several good vacs, I have a hoover and love it. It gets up all the pet hair and the dust that settles in the seams of the wood floors.

I do hate how much room it takes to store the canister vac, but it's a trade off I'm willing to make because it is so much better than sweeping.

o

I have a canister vac with a wide head meant for hardwood floors. I just moved from all tile to all hardwood and it works fine on both. A nice wide janitor mop works great on both surfaces too when you don't feel like noise and power cords.

o

I love the Miele Quartz 6270 canister vacuum - bought it on Amazon - it is also great on my hardwood floors but only good on low pile carpeting. I would highly recommend it - had a Dyson before it & this blows the Dyson away!

o

I had just bought a new bag less upright for my mom last summer then she decided to remove all of her carpet and tile the whole house. She was still trying to vacuum the tiled floor with it because it had a bare floor setting but complained it would shoot everything out onto her feet. So I just removed the belt for the brush head and now it works great.

o

very smart Rammis....LOL

o

I use a 1-gallon size Shop Vac, works great. Carry with one hand and use wand part with other hand.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here