Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Removing dried latex paint from vinyl

Posted by linnea56 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 15:47

I found some dried white latex paint on a piece of furniture covered with black vinyl. The paint must be at least a few months old...maybe a year.

Any idea how I can remove it? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Removing dried latex paint from vinyl

I don't know, but I would try laying a wet wash cloth on it and keep it wet for a day or two. It may seep under the paint and soften it.

o

Try goof off or goo gone. Check the label of goof off. It should be safe for vinyl, but I'm not sure. I've used goo gone onold book covers to remove the sticky tag glue.

o

See if you can peel the paint off with your fingers. Or saturate a scrubby sponge with vinegar and rub with that. I painted my kitchen and got some paint spatters on the walls and floor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here