Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best polish/ cleaner for solid surface c.tops?

Posted by sunroomguy (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 25, 10 at 15:12

our new matte finish solid surface countertops do not clean up real well- leaves streaks and smudges. can anyone recommend a very good polish/ cleaner to make my job a little easier? thanx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best polish/ cleaner for solid surface c.tops?

"Dirtex" is great. I've been using it for 15 years on stainless, windows, granite, and bathroom sinks, and more. It's the only thing I've tried that doesn't streak. You can get it below on Amazon, or it can often be found at paint stores such as "Porter" and "Ben Moore". I buy 6 cans at a time and keep them all over my house. Jeweler's actually use it.
Be careful not to breath it....as with most cleaners.

Don't buy it at Ace Hardware...they charge too much.

You might want to read the reviews on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Savogran-10761-Dirtex-Cleaner/dp/B000BQL2FU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1267160418&sr=8-1

o

It is always a good idea to see what the manufacturer suggests for cleaning a product. Here is what Dupont says about Corian:

Soapy water, ammonia based cleaners (not window cleaners as they can leave a waxy build up that may dull the surface) or commercially available solid surface cleaners will remove most dirt and residue from all types of finishes. Stubborn residue will require a little stronger cleaner.

Follow the recommendations below to properly clean your countertop and sink.

Experience has shown that a film builds up on the surface if water is left to dry on the countertop. This film will dull the look of the countertop making the finish appear blotchy and uneven. To prevent build up of the film, it is very important to wipe the countertop completely dry after spills and cleaning.

The Dirtex mentioned above should do fine because it has ammonia in it. But rinsing and drying the counter is what's going to make the difference.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dupont Corian

o

I use Cinch spray (made by Spic n Span) , but wipe it off quickly as it tends to leave streaks. I have Corian countertops in my kitchen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here