Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning textured tub bottom

Posted by cathycdk (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 23, 07 at 14:52

I am trying to clean the textured bottom of our bathtubs. I have tried Scrubbing Bubbles, Kaboom, and soaking in diluted bleach, scrubbing each time with a brush. I haven't really seen a difference.

What has worked for you?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning textured tub bottom

The soaking w/ diluted bleach worked for me. Maybe you diluted it too much? Try again, this time w/ stronger bleach. I did scrub it with Comet first.

o

I'm a housekeeper at an assisted living facility, and we have textured shower stalls in each apartment. I use the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, and they do a great job but do require alot of elbow grease. The only thing on the shower floors the Erasers don't work on (for me) is the rust spots from the shower chairs. For those I use the S.O.S. Pads with lemon or orange in them.
So in your case I'd try the magic erasers first, and then if that doesn't work I'd get those SOS pads. I've found the generic magic erasers to be just as good as name brand, but the generic Brillo pads are not nearly as good as those SOS pads with the citric acid. You pay a little more, but they're well worth it!

o

Here's a method I found on the web that I'm thinking of trying; if you try this, let us know how it works !

Fiberglass Tub Floor Cleaner recipe
This is to be used only on the irregular bottom surface of the tub - not on the smooth surfaces.

3 cups baking soda
1 cup borax
Fine drywall sandpaper

Mix baking soda and borax together. Work the cleanser in with the drywall sandpaper and then rinse well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here